Mushroom Matar Pulao is indeed a delicious, gluten-free, one-pot meal. Off lately, I am talking a lot about pressure cooker recipes. And this Mushroom Matar Pulao is another addition to the list of best, tried and tested pressure cooker recipes. If you love the combination of mushroom and peas in curry, then you will surely enjoy this mushroom pulao. It is so simple to cook, tasty to the core and 100% vegetarian. What not is there to love about it?
Mushroom Matar Pulao is a cross between pulao and biryani. It can be rated as a quick mushroom biryani as well. The roasted onions, cashews and the spices, all make it as good as a biryani. With a simple side such as mint and pomegranate raita and salad, it makes an excellent main course. For those of you, who are always seeking mushroom recipes to include in everyday diet this pulao recipe is worth bookmarking.
The good news is this mushroom pulao does not require some fancy ingredients, yet it turns out so good. So if you are longing for some gratifying comfort meal on a busy weeknight or a lazy weekend, then this multi-purpose mushroom peas pulao could be the answer to all your cravings. And it takes less than 30 minutes to get ready. Who could miss out saving such gem of mushroom recipes?
Pressure Cooker Method:
You can make mushroom peas pulao in the pressure cooker or an instant pot as well. All you need to do is cook the pulao in a pressure cooker for a whistle over low heat. Allow the steam to release naturally from the pressure cooker before opening the lid. Afterward, fluff the rice using a fork and serve mushroom pulao with your favorite raita and salad. Cooking pulao in pressure cooker saves a lot of time especially on a busy weekday.
This is one of my most preferred methods to make mushroom pulao. Though it is a bit time taking process but each grain of rice is perfectly fluffed and separated. Just the way I like my biryani and pulao. In the mushroom pulao recipe video, I have followed the casserole method. You can follow either of these methods to make mushroom peas pulao. And I am sure you would absolutely love it!
Watch How To Make Mushroom Matar Pulao:
If you are a mushroom lover then hope you might like these mushroom recipes:
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
Mushroom Matar Pulao Recipe
- 2 Cups basmati rice
- 4 tablespoon ghee clarified butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 2 - 3 whole green cardamom
- 2 tablespoon cashews sliced
- 1 large-size onion sliced
- 1 Cup button mushroom chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas (matar)
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala ( see recipe here)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Wash and soak the rice in enough water. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker or saucepan. Add bay leaf, cashew, star anise, and cardamom, fry for few 10 - 20 seconds. Next, add the sliced onion. Fry till the onion turn light golden in color. Add the ginger-garlic paste. Fry till the raw smell wafts away. Now add the green peas, mushrooms and fry for a minute. Add the spices, salt and again fry the masala for a minute or so. Drain the water from the rice and add the rice in the pressure cooker. Stir to combine and saute the rice for a minute. Next, add 4 Cups of water or as required in the pressure cooker. Close the lid of the pressure cooker. Cook the pulao for a whistle over medium heat. Allow the steam to release naturally from the pressure cooker. Open the lid and fluff the rice using a fork. Serve Mushroom Matar Pulao warm with raita and salad.