If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Homemade Garam Masala Recipe
- 3 bay leaf
- 2 Star Anise
- 2 1/2 tsp peppercorns read more
- 2 an inch cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp green cardamoms read more
- 1 blade mace
- 4 tbsp coriander seeds read more
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 nutmeg
- To prepare garam masala powder, first dry roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds in a cast iron skillet (Buy it here) over medium heat. Roast until aroma of spices is released. Keep on stirring the spices.
- Next add the remaining spices and dry roast for few more minutes. Turn off the heat and let the spices cool down before grinding.
- Add the whole spice mix in a grinder (Buy it here). Blend the spices to a smooth powder.
- Garam Masala is ready to be used. Store it in an airtight box at room temperature.