This Corn Salsa is everything I love – sweet, savory, spicy, crunchy, and fresh. It’s gratifying with nachos or inside the tacos. Perfect 15-minute snack for the crowd. Be sure to watch the video!
This is a perfect, fuss-free salsa recipe for backyard bbq, potluck, or party. No need to spend hours in the kitchen.
It makes an excellent, fulfilling lunchbox snack for kids and adults. Pack some munchies on the side, and an exciting-looking, colorful snack for the lunchbox is ready in less than 15 minutes. This corn salsa is vegan and gluten-free.
Who would not like to bookmark such a life-saving salsa recipe?
Anything with plenty of corn kernels in it is my favorite.
I love the sweetness of corn kernels. So I never miss a chance to sneak them into a few of my favorite dishes:
How To Cook Sweet Corn
Grilling Method: If you are in a grilling mood, use corn on the cob for this corn salsa recipe. Grill the whole corn on the cob, remove the charred corn kernels and use them to make the salsa.
Ohh, man, they taste super smokey and delicious in the salsa.
Boiling Method: You can boil corn kernels in salted water for 5 – 10 minutes. The moment they are al-dente, transfer to a colander or sieve. Allow corn to cool completely before using it in salsa.
Frozen/Tinned Corn: If you plan to use frozen or tinned corn kernels no need to cook them. Rinse nicely with water to remove starch and preserve juices. Then allow them to sit on a metal colander for 5 – 10 to drain the water completely.
Vegetables: The best part of this salsa recipe is you can add any vegetables of your choice to make it more colorful and tasty.
From finely chopped avocado, bell pepper, and tomato (deseeded) to jalapeños, feel free to add vegetables of your liking to the salsa.
Keep in mind that vegetables with a crunch are a great fit for this summer salsa.
Watch Salsa Video
What do you eat corn salsa with?
Serve corn salsa with chips or crackers. It can be layered on loaded nachos or stuffed inside tacos and quesadillas. Salsa is a great side dish for a meaty BBQ main course or a burrito bowl.
How to store corn salsa?
If stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container or mason jar, salsa lasts for a week. At room temperature, it is best to consume any salsa within 2 – 3 hours, especially during the summer season.
More Salsa Recipes
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach other food lovers like you.
Corn Salsa Recipe
- 2 Cup corn kernels (fresh)
- ½ Cup finely chopped onion
- ½ Cup finely chopped cucumber
- ½ Cup finely chopped red bell pepper or tomato
- 1 green chili (deseeded and chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ Cup finely chopped coriander
- ¼ Cup extra virgin olive oil
- If you are using fresh and raw corn kernels boil them for 3 – 5 minutes in the salted water.
- Strain in a colander and allow to cool down completely at room temperature.
- Chop all the vegetables and herbs for the salsa. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the corn kernels, and vegetables.
- Add lemon juice, salt, red chili flakes, olive oil, and fresh coriander. Mix nicely, taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Keep salsa in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving for the flavors to develop.
- Serve Corn Salsa with nachos or as a BBQ side-dish.
- You can either grill or boil corn kernels for this salsa recipe.
- If you are planning to use frozen or tinned corn kernels for this salsa recipe then no need to cook them. Rinse nicely with water to get rid of starch and preserving juices.
- Adjust the number of chilies according to personal taste preference.