Corn Salsa is a 15 – minute delicious, vegan, gluten-free corn salad recipe. This Corn Salsa is everything I love – sweet, savory, spicy, crunchy and fresh. It’s gratifying with nachos or inside the tacos. Perfect any way you serve it – you really can’t go wrong.
For a Friday night drinks party – quickly stir up corn salsa and serve it with nachos. Delicious, fuss-free snack is ready in no time! No need to spend hours in the kitchen on planning for a lip-smacking condiment to accompany the munchies.
The corn salad cum salsa makes an excellent, fulfilling lunchbox snack for kids and adults. Pack some munchies on the side and an exciting looking, colorful snack for the lunchbox is ready in less than 15 minutes. Who would not like to bookmark such a life-saving salsa recipe? I definitely need to do that.
Anything with plenty of corn kernels in it is my favorite. I love the sweetness of corn kernels. So I never miss a chance to sneak them in few of my beloved dishes:
Grilling Method: If you are in a grilling mood then use corn on the cob for this corn salsa recipe. Grill the whole corn on the cob, remove the charred corn kernels and use them to make the salsa. Ohh man, they taste super smokey and delicious in the salsa.
Boiling Method: If you are using raw corn kernels then boil them in salted water for 5 – 10 minutes. While boiling the corn kernels make sure to check them for doneness. The moment they are al-dente transfer to a colander or sieve. No need to cook them for a long time. The cooking time for raw kernels may differ depending on the variety of corn you are using.
Frozen/Tinned Corn: If you are planning to use frozen or tinned corn kernels for this salsa recipe then cook them in salted water for only 1 – 2 minutes. Then allow them to sit on a metal colander to cool down completely.
Vegetables: The best part of this salsa recipe is you can add any vegetables of your choice to make it more colorful and tasty. From finely chopped avocado, bell pepper, tomato (deseeded), to jalapeños, feel free to add vegetables of your liking in the salsa. Keep in mind that vegetables with a crunch are a great fit for this summer salsa.
What do you eat corn salsa with?
Serve corn salsa with chips or crackers. It can be layered on top of nachos (try my Indian style loaded nachos) or stuffed inside tacos and quesadillas. Salsa also makes a great side-dish for a meaty BBQ main-course.
How long with corn salsa last?
If stored in the fridge in an airtight container or mason jar, a salsa last for a week. At room temperature, it is best to consume any salsa within 2 – 3 hours, especially during the summer season.
Watch Corn Salsa Recipe Video:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Corn Salsa Recipe
- Glass Mixing Bowl (Buy It Here)
- 2 Cup whole corn kernels (fresh)
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped red bell pepper or tomato
- 1 green chili (deseeded and chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped coriander
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- If you are using fresh and raw corn kernels boil them for 3 – 5 minutes in the salted water.
- Strain in a colander and allow to cool down completely at room temperature.
- Chop all the vegetables and herbs for the salsa. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the corn kernels, and vegetables.
- Add lemon juice, salt, red chili flakes, olive oil, and fresh coriander. Mix nicely, taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Keep salsa in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving for the flavors to develop.
- Serve Corn Salsa with nachos or as a BBQ side-dish.