Spring Onion Raita? Ohh yes, you can do that. Prepared with the greenest spring onion stalks just perfect for the summer season. This Spring Onion Raita gets ready in less than 20 minutes. Who doesn’t like to save such real fast recipes? All vegetarian, healthy, and 100% gluten-free this is one of my current favorite raita recipes.
It is one of the coolest raita recipes on my blog. Why? Because of its refreshing color combination and the quick preparation time.
I never ever thought that apart from salads and garnishing those flavorsome spring onion stalks can be used to make raita or making stuffed paratha.
For past few days, this spring onion raita has become part of my every meal. It has me licking out every last corner of my blender and the bowl.
Why I love it so much? The flavor is unique, delightful, extremely tasty and so stupidly easy to prepare. What else you need a good raita recipe!
I am always searching for simple raita recipes with a distinct flavor profile. I love raita recipes that have the subtle aroma, the breath of freshness, and a sharp taste.
This Spring Onion Raita can be prepared throughout the year. So next time when you see a bunch of good spring onion stalks you know what to do with them – make raita.
This green sauce or aka green raita is an extremely versatile condiment. You can use it as a salad dressing, a dipping sauce or a marinade, either way, it only adds deliciousness to your table.
The other day I made Garlic and Herb Roasted Potato for husband’s lunchbox and drizzled a tablespoon of this green sauce over it. It was a flavor bomb. And don’t even ask how superbly this spring onion raita compliments the Indian tandoori dishes.
More Indian Raita Recipes For You:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Spring Onion Raita
- 5 – 6 spring onion green stalks
- 1 Cup Yogurt curd
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 green chili
- 2 tablespoon mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil sarson oil
- Roughly chop the five spring onion green stalks. Remove the spring onion bulb.
- In a blender combine the yogurt, greens stalks, green chili, garlic and mint.
- Blend together all these ingredients to get a smooth liquid.
- Pour raita in a bowl. Add salt, pepper and mustard oil. Whisk nicely.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Fine chop the remaining one stalk of green onion and mix it in raita.
- Keep the raita in the fridge until ready to serve.