If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Achari Paneer Tawa Pulao
- 2 Cup cooked plain basmati rice
- 1 medium-size onion diced
- 100 gram paneer cottage cheese cut into cubes
- 1 medium-size capsicum diced
- 1 medium size red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium-size yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 green chili cut lengthwise
- 1 tsp bengali panch phoran
- 1/4 tsp nigella seeds kalonji
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds saunf
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds methi dana
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds rai
- 1 bay leaf tej patta
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
Ingredients for marination
- 1/2 Cup yogurt curd
- 2 tsp achaar masala see recipe
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp dried kasuri methi
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Combine paneer cubes, bell peppers, and capsicum in a bowl.
- Add the all ingredients mentioned for marination.
- Mix nicely so that vegetables and paneer get nicely coated with the marinade.
- Keep this in a box in the fridge overnight or minimum for 1 hour.
- To prepare the pulao, heat oil in a stir fry pan ( buy it here ).
- Add the panch phoran and bay leaf. Cook for few seconds till the aroma of spices is released.
- Add the onion and green chili. Cook till the onion turn soft and light brown.
- Add the marinated vegetables and fry for 1 - 2 minutes.
- You can the leftover marinade as well and cook the vegetables covered till they turn done.
- Add the paneer and fry for few seconds.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Next add the cooked rice, mix nicely and cook covered for a minute or so for the rice to absorb the flavors.
- Serve Achaari Paneer Tawa Pulao warm.