If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Eggless Cardamom Spiced Semolina Cake Recipe
For the cake
- 1 Cup semolina
- ½ Cup whole wheat flour
- ½ Cup plain flour
- ½ Cup yoghurt
- ¼ Cup milk at room temperature
- ½ Cup olive oil
- ½ Cup powdered sugar + 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 – 4 green cardamom pods
For the glaze
- ½ Cup castor sugar
- ¼ Cup lime juice
- 4 tbsp water
- Chopped pistachio to serve
- Combine 1 tbsp of granulated sugar along with cardamom pods in a blender and blend until it turns into powder.
- Grease 9 inch round baking tin with butter and line the base with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl sift together semolina, flours, baking powder and baking soda. Mix in the powdered cardamom as well.
- In another bowl mix in yogurt, milk and oil. Beat for 5 minutes with a wire whisk. Gradually add sugar and beat until sugar is nicely dissolved.
- Add ⅓ of semolina mixture at a time into wet ingredients and each time beat with an electric mixer for 2 – 3 minutes at medium speed. Repeat the process until all combined well.
- Batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake at 200 degree celsius for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the glaze, place sugar, lime juice and water in a small saucepan on low heat; stir until sugar dissolves. Increase to high and simmer for 3 – 5 minutes, without stirring, until syrupy.
- Once cake is baked pour the glaze over the cake and let it cool in the tin itself for sometime before placing it on a wire rack.
- Before serving sprinkle chopped pistachios on top and serve with a dollop of softly whipped fresh cream.