This is a gluten-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly healthy fruit salad recipe bursting with refreshing summer flavors. It needs only 20 minutes in the kitchen. This rainbow salad is one of the best ways to eat tons of summer fruits and berries. Be sure to watch the video!
Healthy Salad Recipes like this one are the bae for the summer season. During the spring and summer season, the supermarket is packed with colorful fresh berries, fleshy fruits, nectarines, and ripe mangoes. Best time of the year to make and enjoy a fresh salad loaded with the goodness of fruits.
Reasons To LOVE This Fruit Salad
one bowl recipe
vegan and gluten-free
not usual boring fruit bowl
minimum effort and maximum flavor
Key To Make Best Fruit Salad
The key to making a perfect and tempting salad is to use the best fresh fruits available. Frozen, tinned, sugar-glazed or canned fruits are the biggest enemy of this salad recipe.
I think a good salad deserves an effort to handpick the fruits from the market. It brings so much joy in buying the favorite fruits and then turn them into a gorgeous bowl of hearty salad.
From fresh seedless berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry), a variety of apples, oranges, grapes, melons, or any other summer fruit is a perfect choice for this salad recipe.
The dressing for the fruit salad has to be simple. Because we want the natural sweetness and the tanginess of the fruits to shine out. Let’s not overshadow the naturally good taste of the fruits with a loaded dressing (also read: 6 Best Salad Dressing Recipes).
A simple, gluten-free, vegan, healthy lemon and honey syrup is the best dressing for this salad. And of course, the fresh mint leaves add just the right breath of freshness to the salad – making it altogether more pretty and delightful.
You can serve a fruit salad with:
whipped vanilla cream
FAQ Related To Fruit Salad
The browning or blackening of certain chopped fruits like apple or banana is the main problem most of us face while making a salad with fruits. The best solution to avoid that is to drizzle lemon juice on fruits, cover the bowl with a cling foil/lid and keep it in the fridge. The citrus acid in the lemon slows downs the browning process of the fruits.
Unlike other salad recipes, it is not recommended to make a salad with fruits the day before. After peeling and chopping, most of the fruits retain their freshness, juiciness, and texture for the next few hours only. And trust me, nobody likes to eat a soggy salad with fruits. Hence, you can make it a few hours before serving but not the day before.
For a fresh, crunchy salad, it is not best to use frozen fruits. Try using fresh, ripe, and firm to touch fruits for the best results. Frozen fruits might turn up mushy and leech water in the salad.
Watch Salad Video
More Summer Fruit Recipes
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach other food lovers like you.
Best Summer Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 Cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 Cup diced ripe mango
- 1 Cup diced kiwi
- 1 Cup seedless black grapes
- 1 Cup diced apple
- 1 Cup diced fresh pineapple
Ingredients For The Dressing
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 4 – 5 mint leaves fine chopped
- To prepare the dressing combine lemon juice, olive oil and honey. Whisk nicely. Set aside.
- Combine all the fruits in a large bowl. Keep in the fridge before serving.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad. Mix nicely.
- Sprinkle the chopped mint leaves.
- Serve Summer Fruit Salad immediately with a tall glass of homemade iced tea ( see recipe).
- Avoid using tinned/canned/frozen fruits for the salad. Fresh fruits are the best to make a delicious salad.
- Try to pick sweet and ripe fruits for making this salad.
- Fruit Salad is best enjoyed fresh. Avoid storing it in the fridge for more than few hours.
- You can prepare the salad dressing in advance and store it in the fridge.