This breakfast smoothie is packed with the goodness of fresh mango and oats. Topped with chia seeds and honey, it is my favourite summer breakfast. Be sure to watch the video!
During the summer, our house’s breakfast menu mainly involves minimal cooking. Overnight Oats, sweet dalia, fruit salad, and smoothies have become family favourites. So that means I don’t have to spend morning hours in the kitchen.
The ripe mango, milk, and oats taste delicious, and we drink this breakfast smoothie almost daily.
It is sweet and creamy with a milkshake-like consistency.
The sweetness of the mango is enough to sweeten up the smoothie. But if still, you need a little sugary kick, add a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup. Here are a few of my favourite mango recipes for the summer season.
Meal Prep Tips
Cut and freeze the mango pulp. This way, you don’t have to add ice cubes to the smoothie. Also, frozen fruit pulp makes smoothies extra creamy.
Smoothie Recipe Variation
Fruits: Along with mango, you can add ripe banana, peach, strawberries, frozen berries, or papaya to this breakfast smoothie.
Milk: You can use almonds, cashew, soy, oats, or coconut milk.
Greens: I love GREENS in smoothies. Add baby spinach or kale leaves to your smoothie for glowing skin and a clean digestive system.
Vegan: For a vegan breakfast smoothie, use almond milk instead of regular dairy milk.
Watch Smoothie Video
If your smoothie has a good amount of proteins, fibre, vitamins, and healthy fats instead of white sugar or junk, then a smoothie is the most nutritious breakfast choice. They are a treat with incredible nutritional value, unbelievably easy to make, and highly customizable.
By choosing your ingredients wisely and skipping sugar or packed fruit juices/syrups, it is healthy to consume smoothies every day. Smoothie keeps you full till lunchtime, contains raw nutrients, and has many health benefits.
Yes, absolutely. You can add raw oats to your smoothie and fruits, milk, or yogurt. You can only soak the oats if you want a creamy texture. Else adding raw oats is fine.
Use quick or instant or cooking oats for making smoothies. They are easy to blend and, once soaked overnight, are perfectly chewy and soft.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach other food lovers like you.
Mango Oats Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Cup mango (ripe & sweet)
- ¼ Cup instant or cooking oats
- 4 Cup low fat milk, chilled
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Soak oats in 1 cup of milk. Keep in the fridge overnight or for 5 – 6 hours.
- To make the smoothie, add soaked overnight oats in the blender. Add mango, remaining chilled milk and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Pour mango smoothie into the serving glasses. Sprinkle chopped mango, soaked chia seeds, and honey.
- Enjoy Mango Oats Breakfast Smoothie chilled.
- You can use canned mango puree as well to make this smoothie.
- Make sure to use ripe and sweet mango pulp for this smoothie recipe.
- While blending the smoothie you can add 5 – 6 ice cubes as well.
- For a vegan smoothie, use almond milk or coconut milk.