Kadhai Paneer comes as a happy treat for the people like me, who prefer a not-so-thin– spicy– crunchy gravy with their Paneer. It’s a semi-dry dish with Kasuri Methi lending it’s Oh-So- Pleasant aroma to the rich gravy while the capsicum just adds the perfect crunch. The distinctive spicy-smoky flavor of the thick gravy infused with the pieces of tender paneer, makes you go cleaning the bowls one after the another. Unlike some other Paneer dishes, Kadhai Paneer does not require a hefty preparation, nor does it require an extensive span of time to prosper. This kadhai paneer recipe is quite simple and straightforward which makes it all the easier for you to win numerous accolades from whoever tastes it.
Also, read -> 10 BEST Paneer Recipes You Might Like!
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Kadhai Paneer is favorite with most people eating out any Punjabi restaurant. Learn how to make best kadhai paneer at home in few simple steps.
- 250 gram Paneer cottage cheese
- 2 large onion roughly chopped
- 1 capsicum cut into cubes
- 2 medium-size tomato roughly chopped
- 4 clove of garlic
- an inch piece of ginger peeled and grated
- 2 green chilies roughly chopped
- 2 tsp coriander dhania seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala see recipe here
- 5 whole red chillies
- 2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves kasuri methi
- 3 tbsp ghee
- salt to taste
- First cut the paneer into equal size square cubes. Next make dry coarse paste of coriander seeds and red chilies together. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Make paste of garlic, ginger and green chili using little water. Keep aside in a bowl.
- Heat the ghee in a wok/kadhai (buy here) over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and fry over low heat till onion turn light brown in color. Add the garlic paste along with chopped tomato, fry over low heat till oil starts separating from the masala.
- Once masala is nicely roasted turn off the heat and let the masala cool down for sometime. Grind the masala to smooth paste using grinder.
- Again heat the same kadhai over medium heat. Add the blended masala to the kadhai and fry for next few seconds. Add salt, coriander chili paste, turmeric powder, garam masala and chopped capsicum. Let the masala fry over low heat till capsicum is cooked and the roasted spices release pleasant aroma. Adjust the consistency of the sauce using little warm water. After adding water let the sauce simmer for sometime for the sauce to thicken.
- Finally, add the sliced paneer, stir to combine and cook for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle coriander and ginger julienne on top. Serve Kadhai Paneer hot with Naan ( see recipe here ).
Pan Used: Kadhai (buy it here)