This is a tropical-style mango shake recipe with the flavour of coconut. This will be your favourite milkshake recipe if you are a mango lover.
In India, from the era of the ’90s, mango shake is a widely popular summer milkshake. It is made for breakfast in almost every household during the mango season.
There is something so comforting about the thick, creamy, luscious, sweet mango milkshake. Even today, as an adult, it is one of my favourite milkshake flavours.
And the best part is you need only – 4 ingredients (mango pulp, milk, sugar, ice cubes) to make a perfect mango shake at home.
I am sharing with you a tropical-style mango milkshake with the flavour of coconut. Trust me, the combination of sweet mango and coconut is a match made in heaven.
Mango Pulp: Try to use ripe and sweet mango pulp. I love the flavour and aroma of Alphonso or Kesar Mango in a milkshake. You can use the canned or frozen pulp as well.
Milk: In India, regular dairy milk is used to make mango shakes. In this tropical-style mango shake recipe, I have used coconut milk. You can also use almond, soy, oats, or cashew milk.
Sugar: Coconut Sugar or granulated white sugar is a great addition to the mango milkshake. Make sure to adjust the sugar quantity as per the mango sweetness.
Secret Ingredient: Frozen Mango Pulp is my secret ingredient in this milkshake recipe. It is so much better than using plain ice cubes. Freeze mango puree in an ice tray or a ziplock bag. Add it directly to the blender while making a milkshake.
How To Make
Making mango shake is a stupidly easy two-step process.
Step 1: Collect all the required ingredients and a blender in one place. If you like a chilled milkshake, cold or straight-out-of-the-fridge ingredients are fine. Else, leave them at room temperature for a few minutes.
Step 2: Throw all the ingredients into the blender. Pulse and a delicious mango milkshake is ready. Adjust the consistency by adding more milk or ice cubes if the milkshake seems too thick.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach other food lovers like you.
Tropical Mango Shake Recipe
- 1 Cup sweet mango pulp
- 2 ¼ Cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar or white sugar
- ¼ Cup frozen mango pulp (3 – 4 ice cubes)
Ingredients For Garnish:
- ½ Cup vegan cream or ice cream
- ½ teaspoon desiccated coconut
- ½ teaspoon almond flakes
- 1 teaspoon mango puree
- Combine all the ingredients in a smoothie blender.
- Blend to a milkshake to a smooth consistency.
- Garnish with vegan cream, dessicated coconut, almond flakes, and mango puree.
- Serve Tropical Mango Shake immediately.
- You can make this mango shake with any type of vegan or dairy milk.
- Adding frozen mango pulp makes mango shake tastier and gives it a slush-like consistency. You can use plain ice cubes as well.
- Garnishing milkshake is totally optional. It does not change the taste of the milkshake.
- Store the leftover milkshake in a mason jar with the lid in the refrigerator for 1 – 2 days. Stir before drinking.