This is a tropical-style mango shake recipe with the flavor of coconut. It is delicious, creamy, fulfilling, and a perfect summer breakfast milkshake. If you are a mango lover like me, this will be your favorite milkshake recipe for the season.
In India, from the era of the ’90s, mango shake is a widely popular summer milkshake. During the mango season, it is made for breakfast in almost every household.
There is something so comforting about the thick, creamy, luscious, sweet mango milkshake. Even today, as an adult, it is one of my favorite milkshake flavors.
And the best part is you need only – 4 ingredients (mango pulp, milk, sugar, ice cubes) to make a perfect mango shake at home.
I am sharing with you a tropical-style mango milkshake with the flavor of coconut. Trust me, the combination of sweet mango and coconut is a match made in heaven.
Ingredients For Tropical Style Milkshake
Here are a few basic pantry staples that can give you a delicious tropical style mango shake.
Mango Pulp: Try to use the ripe and sweet mango pulp. I love the flavor and aroma of Alphonso or Kesar Mango in a milkshake. You can use the canned or frozen pulp as well.
Milk: In India, regular dairy milk is used for making mango shake. In this tropical-style mango shake recipe, I have used coconut milk. You can use almond milk, soy milk, oats milk, or cashew milk also.
Sugar: Coconut Sugar or granulated white sugar are a great addition to the mango milkshake. Make sure to adjust the quantity of sugar as per the sweetness of the mango.
Secret Ingredient: Frozen Mango Pulp is my secret ingredient in this milkshake recipe. It is so much better than using plain ice cubes. Freeze mango puree in an ice tray or a ziplock bag. Add it directly to the blender while making a milkshake.
How To Make
Making mango shake is a stupidly easy two-step process.
Step 1: Collect all the required ingredients along with a blender in one place. If you like a chilled milkshake, then cold or straight out of the fridge ingredients are fine. Else, leave them at room temperature for a few minutes.
Step 2: Throw all the ingredients into the blender. Pulse and a delicious mango milkshake is ready. Adjust the consistency by adding more milk or ice cubes if the milkshake seems too thick.
More Mango Recipes For You
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Tropical Mango Shake Recipe
- 1 Cup sweet mango pulp
- 2 ¼ Cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar or white sugar
- ¼ Cup frozen mango pulp (3 – 4 ice cubes)
Ingredients For Garnish:
- ½ Cup vegan cream or ice cream
- ½ teaspoon desiccated coconut
- ½ teaspoon almond flakes
- 1 teaspoon mango puree
- Combine all the ingredients in a smoothie blender.
- Blend to a milkshake to a smooth consistency.
- Garnish with vegan cream, dessicated coconut, almond flakes, and mango puree.
- Serve Tropical Mango Shake immediately.
- You can make this mango shake with any type of vegan or dairy milk.
- Adding frozen mango pulp makes mango shake tastier and gives it a slush-like consistency. You can use plain ice cubes as well.
- Garnishing milkshake is totally optional. It does not change the taste of the milkshake.
- Store the leftover milkshake in a mason jar with the lid in the refrigerator for 1 – 2 days. Stir before drinking.