Oats and Moong Dal Chilla Recipe is quick to prepare healthy and gluten free breakfast recipe idea.Planning everyday breakfast for the family of fussy eaters is not an easy assignment. It requires quite a thought process to continuously think innovative ideas behind the scene. The deep fried savories are the things of weekend indulgence, elaborate grand mother like cooking never fits in my strenuous schedule also for a long day ahead we try our best to rely on homemade wholesome breakfast meal.
Oats and Moong Dal Chilla not only add good variety on the breakfast menu it is easy on digestive system, cooked with almost no – oil and packed with all kinds of good nutrients required to start your day. Sometimes, during the days when morning rush hours squeeze out the breakfast time, a roll of Oats and Moong Dal Chilla layered with stir fry vegetables, to grab on the go is a saviour. Serve Oats and Moong Dal Chilla with pickle, chutney for breakfast, it can be enjoyed for a light lunch as well along with some side dish like jeera aloo or stir-fry vegetables.
Oats and Moong Dal Chilla Recipe
Oats and Moong Dal Chilla Recipe is quick to prepare healthy and gluten free breakfast idea.
Keyword: how to make oats cheela, oats chilla
- 1 Cup instant breakfast oats powdered (buy it here)
- 1/3 Cup yellow moong dal soaked
- 2 green chillies
- 2 cloves of garlic
- an inch piece of ginger peeled
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp mango powder amchur
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to grease the pan
- To prepare the Oats and Moong Dal Chilla, first make powder of oats in mixer (buy it here). Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the mixer grind the soaked moong dal to fine paste along with green chili, garlic, ginger using little water. Make sure not to use more than 1/4 Cup of water.
- In a large mixing bowl (buy it here) combine together powdered oats, moong dal paste, spices and salt. Stir to combine and gradually add water to make a thick batter of dropping consistency. The batter will be similar to the consistency of a dosa batter or pancake batter
- Once batter is ready, heat a non stick pan (buy it here) over medium heat. Grease the pan with a teaspoon or so of cooking oil.
- Pour a ladle full of batter on the pan and spread it in a circular motion to form a thin crepe/chilla.
- Drizzle little oil around the chilla, cook it until you notice the edges are getting brown and leaving the pan easily. Flip and cook on the other side for a few seconds
- Once Oats and Moong Dal Chilla is crisp on both sides, transfer the Chilla to a plate and proceed to make the chillas with the remaining batter
- Serve the Oats and Moong Dal Chilla with green chutney/pickle for the wholesome breakfast or lunch.