Schezwan Egg Dosa is one of our favorite breakfast meal. The crisp dosa is loaded with spicy Schezwan sauce and the egg. For me, Schezwan egg dosa is an effortless fancy, Indo-Chinese breakfast on a budget! Not only for breakfast, I can enjoy this flavorsome goodness throughout the day. And I bet one can never get bored of it.
The creative possibilities of using the dosa batter are endless. Which I seem to be doing more often nowadays as opposed to eating plain masala dosa. Schezwan Egg Dosa is also part of these recent dosa batter trials. Nothing, in particular, inspired me to come up with this recipe. The craving for Indo-Chinese flavor during one of the mornings was the sole reason for this Schezwan Egg Dosa Recipe to surface on the blog.
I tried it, liked it, shot it and now sharing it with you. At times, it is best to let such flavor cravings take over and decide the menu. And I must confess, dishes prepared this way turned out to be the best. Such as this Schezwan Egg Dosa. It has all the flavorings to fall in love with – egg, cheese, and Schezwan Sauce. A total indulgent protein packed breakfast combination.
Serve Schezwan Egg Dosa with homemade mint and coriander chutney, tomato ketchup, and the perfect filter coffee. I must assure you this breakfast combination would be the best thing that can happen over the weekend. And before I end this post, I must confess I have used store bought dosa batter for this recipe.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Schezwan Egg Dosa
- 2 Cups idli - dosa batter
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium-size onion fine chopped
- 1 green chilli fine chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped spring onion greens
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 4 tablespoon grated cheese
- ¼ Cup schezwan sauce
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Oil to cook the dosa
- Combine eggs, onion, coriander, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Whisk nicely. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick dosa pan. Allow the dosa pan to reach the right temperature.
- Take a ladle full of dosa batter and pour it in the centre of the pan.
- After pouring the batter, quickly start spreading the batter from the centre in continuous circular motion to form a thin dosa.
- Drizzle few drops of oil on the top of the dosa at the centre and at the edge.
- Spread a small spoonful of schezwan sauce on the dosa.
- Next, spread a small ladleful of egg mixture evenly on the dosa.
- Sprinkle cheese and spring onion greens over the egg mixture.
- Allow it to cook for a few minutes unless you see egg getting cooked.
- Once the bottom of the dosa gets cooked from underneath, flip it over and cook for another few seconds. Take it out of the pan.
- Serve Egg Dosa with tomato ketchup or green chutney ( see recipe ).