Mango Iced Tea is a refreshing summer iced tea recipe with the sweet mango flavor. It is a gluten-free, vegan summer drink that requires only 5 ingredients. So now say goodbye to expensive readymade iced tea rather, make it at home from scratch without any artificial flavors.
I am a BIG fan of iced tea. During the summer season, a huge pitcher of lemon iced tea is always sitting in my fridge. It is one of my favorite summer drinks.
Why I Love Homemade Iced Tea?
- vegan and gluten-free
- requires only 4 – 5 ingredients
- it takes 10 minutes to get ready
- highly customizable
- truly refreshing and energizing
What is Mango Iced Tea?
Mango Iced Tea is a variety of basic iced tea with the taste of sweet mango. The mango puree is combined with the iced tea decoction to make mango-flavored iced tea.
If you are a mango lover, and looking for a refreshing homemade summer drink, then this iced tea is worth bookmarking.
Tea Leaves – I prefer using Indian milk tea leaves or black tea leaves for making iced tea decoction. Black Tea leaves give a strong taste to the iced tea. You can use green tea leaves or earl grey tea leaves as well.
Sweetener – To sweeten the iced tea I use white granulated sugar. If you are watching calories then use honey or brown sugar. Or if the mango puree is sweet enough, skip sugar all together.
Mango Puree: You can blend fresh mango pulp or use canned mango puree to flavor the iced tea. Make sure the mango puree is sweet and not sour in taste. You can use this mango puree to make various mango recipes.
Other Ingredients: Water, Ice Cubes, Mint Leaves
Other Flavors Of Iced Tea:
Iced Tea is a versatile drink that is highly customizable. You can add a variety of fruit flavors to the iced tea. And the best part is, it tastes unique with each fruit flavor.
Here are my TOP 3 Iced Tea Flavors:
Peach Iced Tea
Mango Iced Tea
Why iced tea taste bitter?
There is only one reason for iced tea tasting bitter – boiling the tea leaves for too long in the water. The steeping time for tea leaves is not more than 20 seconds. On the contrary, many of us boil tea leaves in the hot water for a minute or so resulting in bitter iced tea. Also, always add lemon or the fruit puree after cooling down the iced tea and not to the hot tea decoction.
How to make mango puree at home?
Remove the skin of the ripe mango. Collect the pulp in a bowl. Discard the stone. Transfer the mango pulp in a blender. If required, add a tablespoon of sugar. Blend to a smooth consistency without using any water. Use this mango puree to flavor the iced tea or make virgin mango mojito.
Can I use canned mango puree to make iced tea?
Yes, you can use the canned mango puree. Taste the puree before making the iced tea and adjust the amount of sweetener accordingly. Most purees are sweet enough, hence no need to add sweetener separately in the tea.
Watch Basic Lemon Iced Tea Recipe Video:
More Mango Recipes For You:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Mango Iced Tea Recipe
- 4 Cup water
- 2 tablespoon granulated white sugar or to taste
- 1 tablespoon black tea (chai patti)
- 1 Cup sweet mango puree
Ingredients For Serving:
- ice cubes
- fresh mint leaves
- Boil water and sugar in a saucepan. Turn off the heat once sugar is dissolved.
- Add the black tea leaves or the tea bags. Cover the pan with a lid. Steep the tea for 10 – 20 seconds.
- Filter the tea in a jar, keeping the liquid and discarding the leaves. Allow the brewed tea to cool down. Keep in the fridge for 1 – 2 hours.
- Once iced tea is chilled, add mango puree and stir to combine nicely. Once again, keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- For serving, add ice cubes and mint leaves in each glass. Pour chilled mango iced tea and serve.
- I prefer using Indian milk tea leaves or black tea for making iced tea decoction. You can use green tea leaves or earl grey tea leaves as well.
- You can use honey as well to sweeten the iced tea.
- You can blend fresh mango pulp or use canned mango puree to flavor the iced tea. Make sure the mango puree is sweet and not sour in taste.
- You can add a variety of fruit flavors to the iced tea.
- Do not steep or boil tea for too long in the water else iced tea decoction will taste bitter.
- You can use the canned mango puree to flavor the iced tea.
- You can refrigerate mango iced tea for 1 – 2 days then it starts changing color and taste.