Crispy Corn is a crunchy and tasty Indo-Chinese style party snack. I love munching them with drinks or while watching movies on a Friday night. They are the perfect indulgent, spicy, crunchy snack. I thought I’d share with you my super delicious crispy corn recipe with you. Hope you too like these crispy corn kernels. After all, these crispy corns are our favorite party popper!
I always keep a bag of sweet corn kernels in my freezer and use them at least once a week to make something delicious. It’s just such an easy and tasty ingredient to work with, and one of my favorites for great flavor. Snacks or dishes prepared with corn kernels are naturally gluten-free. So if you’re looking for more great ways to incorporate corn kernels into your diet this year, be sure to check out these corn recipes:
And, of course, you’d better check out this delicious one below.
Ok, but before we get to this tasty crispy corn recipe, let’s talk for a second about how much I love it. Few bites of this addictive snack are never good enough. And I am dead sure that you will find them addictive too. Plus, they are really easy to make. All is required mixing of ingredients and deep-frying. So if you’re a corn fan, I’d say there’s pretty much no excuse for you not to try them.
Watch How To Make BBQ Nation Style Crispy Corn:
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Crispy Corn is one of the perfectly delicious party snacks. Find how to make BBQ Nation style crispy corn at home in a few simple steps.
- 2 Cup sweet corn kernels (frozen/fresh)
- 1/4 Cup + 2 tablespoon corn flour (corn starch)
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch)
- oil to deep-fry
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 medium-size onion, fine chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion greens
Boil approximately 6 cups of water in a saucepan.
Add sweet corn and cook for 5 minutes or till bit soft. Transfer to a metal colander. Drain all the water. Allow corn kernels to get dry and cool down a bit.
In a mixing bowl, combine boiled corn, all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup corn flour, salt, and pepper. Mix using your fingers.
While mixing, gently squeeze corn kernels to remove excess liquid.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons of corn flour and mix once again to coat corn kernels with flour. Keep in the fridge while the oil is preheated.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep-frying pan. Deep-fry the corn kernels in small batches until crisp and golden. Cover the pan with the lid while deep-frying if the corn starts popping.
Once corn kernels turn crunchy, transfer to a sieve and not plate.
Next, heat 2 tablespoon oil in a stir-fry pan.
Add ginger, garlic, and finely chopped onion. Stir-fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
Add the fried corn, red chili flakes, salt, pepper, and coriander. Mix nicely. Turn off the heat.
Garnish with spring onion greens.
Serve crispy corn immediately for the evening snack.
- Make sure that corn kernels are completely dry before combing with the flour mixture.
- Be cautious while frying the corn kernels. Stay away from the gas stove as they might pop. It is best to keep a lid nearby. If required, cover the pan with the lid.
- After deep frying, do not cook the corn the corn kernels for a long time. Else, they will become soft.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!