If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
- 3 Cup all purpose flour maida
- ½ Cup sour curd at room temperature
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¾ tsp baking powder buy it here
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Salt as per taste
- Lukewarm water
- ¼ Cup nigella seeds
- Sieve maida with baking powder and baking soda in a bowl and make a dent in the centre. Pour curd, salt, sugar and ghee in that dent.
- Mix well and let it rest for 1 – 2 minutes, gather the flour with your finger tips and using 1 tbsp of lukewarm water at a time bind firm dough. Knead well for 5 minutes.
- Form a smooth ball of dough and keep aside covered in warm place for 4 – 5 hours.
- Heat flat pan/griddle over medium heat. Divide the dough into equal golf ball sized rounds.
- Dust the rolling platform with maida, roll dough ball into small circle and sprinkle 1/4 tsp nigella seeds on top.
- Now roll the naan into tear shape.
- Apply water on top of naan with your fingers, and turn over it to the hot tawa ( buy it here ) so that the water applied part sticks to the pan.
- Cook in medium flame and after a minute it has puffed up marks on top.
- Now turn the griddle upside down and cook the other side on direct flame till the other side becomes light golden in colour.
- If you are not comfortable flipping the pan, simply put the naan in direct flame like Chapatis and cook until it get charred marks on top.
- Apply some ghee/butter just before serving. Serve Naam hot smeared with ghee/butter