Date Milkshake is a delicious, fulfilling shake recipe with dates, and bananas. It is one of our favorite breakfast drinks for two reasons – it has no added sugar and instantly boosts energy. Be sure to watch the video!
Date Milkshake is a delicious, healthy, refreshing, energy-booster – a perfect breakfast drink.
The dates and bananas are excellent for digestion and keep you full for hours. Both these ingredients are naturally sweetened, and gluten-free.
Reasons To LOVE Date Milkshake
energy booster and fulfilling
5 ingredient milkshake recipe
Here are the ingredients you need for making this easy peasy date milkshake:
Dates: Use sweet, super soft dates such as Medjool, Deglet Noor, or any other similar variety. Get rid of the seeds inside the dates or use pitted ones.
Banana: A ripe, sweet banana is perfect for this milkshake recipe.
Milk: I have used low-fat milk for making the milkshake. For a vegan milkshake, you can use almond/soy/cashew milk.
Figs: The dried figs give a good taste and add nutrition to the milkshake. Feel free to add almonds, walnuts, pecan nuts, or any other dry fruits and berries.
Cinnamon Powder: It gives an earthy, warm, ad slightly spicy taste to the date milkshake. You can substitute it with cardamom powder, pumpkin spice powder, or instant coffee powder.
Watch Milkshake Video
My Tried & True Tips
Before using dates for making milkshake or bread, soak them to soften. I prefer soaking them in milk overnight and keep in the fridge. Use the soaked dates for making a super creamy and smooth milkshake.
Make sure to use sweet-tasting and ripe bananas for making the milkshake. If you have a frozen banana sitting in the refrigerator then nothing like it.
I prefer using chilled milk for making the date milkshake. It makes it more creamy.
Banana and cinnamon are a match made in heaven. Also, the taste of cinnamon helps to balance the sweetness of dates and bananas.
More Drink Recipes
- Mango Lassi
- Mango Milkshake
- Kesar Badam Milk
- Classic Cold Coffee
- Mango Oats Smoothie
- Masala Chaas – 3 Flavors
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach other food lovers like you.
Banana Date Milkshake Recipe
- 1 Cup dates, pitted
- 4 Cup chilled milk
- 1 Cup ripe and sweet banana
- 2 – 4 dried figs
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Remove the seeds of dates. Chop them roughly. Soak dates in one cup of milk. Keep in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, combined soaked dates, milk, cinnamon powder, chopped banana, and figs in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the milkshake into the serving glasses. Garnish with the chopped almonds and cinnamon.
- Serve Banana Date Milkshake chilled.
- To make vegan date milkshake, use soy milk or almond milk.
- Adding cinnamon powder is optional.
- For flavor, you can add a teaspoon or so of instant coffee powder as well.