Roasted Potato are a perfect side dish for soups, steaks, and stews. It is the easiest and the most delicious way to eat crisp, garlic-flavoured potatoes. Be sure to watch the video!
These roasted potato bites are not only a fantastic side dish, but they make an excellent snack as well.
No backyard BBQ parties or potluck get-togethers are complete without roasted potatoes.
When guests make themselves comfortable with a drink or two, marinated potato bites start grilling in the oven, filling up the air with the aroma of garlic and fresh herbs. Both complement each other perfectly in the starchy, crisp goodness called roasted potatoes.
Reasons To LOVE Crispy Potatoes
- easiest roasted potato recipe
- gluten-free and possible vegan
- meal-prep friendly
- highly customizable
- full of flavours
What kind of potatoes are best for roasting?
Honestly, if you will ask me, it doesn’t matter. You can use baby potatoes, red potatoes, russets, purple potatoes, red potatoes, or any other local variety of potatoes.
But make sure potatoes are cut into even sizes. If you use baby potatoes as I did, cut them into halves or use whole potatoes (if they are tiny in size).
I prefer leaving the skin of the potatoes intact. It makes potatoes extra crispy and saves a lot of peeling time. I leave that decision up to you.
The marinating process helps the flavour of herbs and garlic penetrate the skin of the potatoes. And the result is flavoursome roasted potatoes.
Watch Roasted Potato Video
We usually relish them with a slice of focaccia bread smeared with soft butter and a glass of wine.
If time permits, a quick pasta salad on the side makes the meal picture-perfect.
Store the leftover roasted potatoes in the refrigerator for a week. The best way to reheat them is in a frying pan or the microwave.
They are not as crispy once reheated as they are right off the grill. But tastes great even after a few days!
More Potato Recipes
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach other food lovers like you.
Garlic Roasted Potato Recipe
- To prepare the garlic and Herb Roasted Potato, wash the potato in water to get rid of dirt. Wipe them with a kitchen towel. If your prefer, peel the skin. I have used baby potato but you can use regular potato as well for the recipe. Cut the regular size potato into equal size wedges.
- Now arrange the potato in a microwave safe plate and cook in the microwave for 5 – 10 minutes. This helps potato to absorb the flavor of herbs and potato nicely.
- Transfer potato in a large mixing bowl and add olive oil, herbs, salt, black pepper, and cloves of garlic. Toss the potato in the seasoning mix to evenly coat each piece with the herbs and spices.
- Let the potato sit in the seasoning mix for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 10 minutes.
- Roast the potato in the oven till cooked through and the outer layer turns crisp. This usually takes 50 – 60 minutes, after an interval of 30 minutes, turn the tray for even roasting of the potatoes.
- Serve Garlic Roasted Potato immediately.
- You can use any combination of fresh and dry herbs of your choice.
- You can also add butter and cheese to make the potatoes more delicious.
- The roasting time may vary depending on the potatoes’ variety and the oven’s size. Mine is a 52 – litre OTG.
- You can air-fry them at 180 degrees Celcius pre-heated air fryer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Any variety of potatoes works for this recipe. Removing the skin of potatoes is a matter of personal choice.