Stir Fry Pasta With Vegetables is a great quick and easy meal idea. It is probably the most delicious way to enjoy pasta with tons of seasonal vegetables. This stir fry pasta dish is surely tasty, kind of healthy (actually skinny), and vegan too. The best part is it requires only 30 minutes to get ready.
This vegan vegetable pasta is light, colorful, and super easy to prepare.
No need to spend hours in the kitchen. With minimal cooking time, one gets to enjoy a wholesome meal of pasta with vegetables.
It is one of those pasta recipes that you would surely like to bookmark for a potluck, picnic, or a quick weeknight dinner.
I am a big fan of stir-fry dishes such as vegan tofu stir fry or this vegetable pasta. There is something comforting about a good stir-fry. It adds so much variety to the meal.
The Choice of Pasta
Which kind of pasta is perfect for stir-frying? I prefer using bite-size, easy to stir pasta for this recipe.
My favorite ones are – penne, macaroni, fusili, farfalle, shell or Conchiglie pasta.
You can pick any bite-size, hand made pasta variety for tossing with vegetables. The stir-fry pasta is all about the simplicity of ingredients.
Tips To Keep It Skinny
First and foremost, replace the regular pasta with whole wheat or durum wheat semolina pasta.
Avoid using butter to prepare the pasta. A tablespoon or two of olive oil is good enough to make the entire stir-fry.
Overcooked vegetables would kill the taste, texture, and nutrients of the dish. So it’s best to stir-fry them quickly till they are al dente and have a crunch to them.
Fresh herbs like basil and parsley make pasta rich in anti-oxidants along with many other health benefits. So don’t hesitate to garnish your pasta with plenty of herbs.
Last but not least, give the cheese a miss. I know it is hard to resist the temptation of grating cheese over the pasta. But to keep it healthy, it is best to skip adding cheese to this pasta with vegetables.
Step-By-Step Cooking Method
Cook Pasta: Boil water in a large saucepan with a teaspoon of salt. Once the water starts bubbling and boiling, add the uncooked pasta, stir and cook the pasta till al dente. Transfer the cooked pasta to a colander. Drain the water.
Stir Fry Vegetables: Heat olive oil in a stir-fry pan. Add the chopped garlic, chili flakes, cook for 10 – 20 seconds to infuse the flavor of garlic and chili into the oil.
Add onion, and stir fry over high heat for the next 10 – 20 seconds. Next, add the vegetables, salt, and stir-fry them till they are tender but not overcooked or soft.
Assemble: Now add the boiled pasta, Italian herbs, and stir to combine. Stir fry for a minute. Turn off the heat.
This pasta with vegetables is a highly customizable dish.
Non Vegetarian: On busy weeknights or for quick working lunch I serve it with the addition of grilled chicken/shrimps/squids/scallops/tuna/bacon (add either of these meats or seafood to the stir-fry).
Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free pasta to make a delicious stir-fry pasta without any gluten.
Kid-Friendly: If you are making this dish for the kids then it will be great to skip the red chili flakes. Else, this pasta recipe is good to go for the school lunchboxes as well.
More Pasta Recipes For You
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Stir Fry Pasta With Vegetables
- 250 gram dry shell pasta (Conchiglie)
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes or to taste
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs (oregano, thyme, sage etc)
- 1/4 Cup fresh Italian basil leaves or parsley
- Boil water in a large saucepan with a teaspoon of salt. Once the water starts bubbling and boiling, add the uncooked pasta, stir and cook the pasta till al dente. Transfer the cooked pasta to a colander. Drain the water.
- Heat olive oil in a stir-fry pan. Add the chopped garlic, chili flakes, cook for 10 – 20 seconds to infuse the flavor of garlic and chili into the oil.
- Add onion, and stir fry over high heat for the next 10 – 20 seconds. No need to brown the onion.
- Next, add the vegetables, salt, and stir-fry them till they are tender but not overcooked or soft. Vegetables should have a crunch to them.
- Now add the boiled pasta, Italian herbs, and stir to combine. Stir fry for a minute. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil leaves.
- Serve Stir Fry Pasta With Vegetables immediately.
- Vegetables and pasta both need to be al dente for this recipe.
- Overcooked/soft/mushy vegetables would kill the taste and texture of the stir-fry.
- If you are using frozen vegetables, make sure to thaw them before adding them to the stir fry.
- To jazz up the flavors I add loads of garlic and red chili flakes for that extra little bit of heat. Adjust the seasoning according to personal taste preference.
- If basil is not available, you can add parsley.
- You can use fresh or dry Italian herbs for this pasta recipe.