When I look around and find market flooded with heart-shaped goodies I feel Valentine Day has become an obsession among people and the gurus of brand marketing have made everything associated with this festival so commercialized, Valentine’s Day gifts, dining offers, dresses, chocolates, flowers, Oh My God!! Too much of love in the air to handle. Though I am not against love or expression of love all I could not understand why so much of expression of feelings on that particular day only.
For me, love is timeliness which cannot be defined to a day. It’s been almost 6 years of togetherness with him (3 years before marriage+ 3 years after marriage) and even today whenever we express how thankful we are to have each other that is our moment of celebrating love. With all these years passing by I realized love has much more depth and definition than these four simple alphabets. For me, love is when I cook for him and wait for hours to hear few lines of praise, for him love is enjoying my company and recently we have newest addition to our love edition – Momo, who has taught us all new dimension of pure affection and attachment.
Love and chocolate have become two inseparable words, whoever did this match-fixing of Love & Chocolate must be a real genius, because I feel there is nothing in this world which chocolate cannot fix and I always have a special spot in my heart and fridge for chocolates.
I thought of many desert recipes for the Valentine’s Day but I myself never prefer to get into baking mess at the last minute of my romantic meal so Chocolate Mousse is perfect desert for me when you want to sit, relax and enjoy your desert rather than concentrating on your oven. Prepare Chocolate Mousse the day before, pop it into the fridge and simply serve after the dinner with fresh strawberries.
Kahlua Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Easy to make delicious dark chocolate mousse recipe spiked with kahlua and espresso.
Keyword: chocolate mousse
- 50 gram dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp espresso coffee
- 2 Egg yolk
- 40 gram caster sugar
- ½ Cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Kahlua or any other coffee liquor
- 1 Gelatin Leaf or 1 tbsp gelatin
- Soften the gelatin sheets in two tablespoon of lukewarm water for a minute or so.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peak forms using hand blender (Buy it here) and keep in fridge in a bowl until required.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolk and sugar over a double boiler till the mixture starts forming ribbon consistency. The mixture will turn pale in color. Set aside.
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate and espresso coffee over very low heat till the chocolate melts. Remove from the heat. Keep aside till required.
- Spoon ¼ of the melted chocolate into the egg yolk mixture to temper, add the remaining melted chocolate along with kahlua and stir to combine. Make sure no lumps remain.
- Now melt the soaked gelatin by reheating in microwave. Add it to the chocolate mixture along with whipped cream.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped heavy cream being careful not to over mix.
- Pour the mixture into the serving glass, cover with a cling foil and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 to 6 hours or best overnight.
- Serve Chocolate Mousse chilled with whipped cream and fresh strawberry.