Haitians moved to The United States and brought along with them the recipe of Pumpkin Soup which is now made during Thanksgiving. Around the world there are different versions of Pumpkin Soup depending on the availability of ingredients, in fact, Pumpkin quality also differs from country to country. In some places, it is sweet in taste whereas in some countries like India it has greenish skin with pale yellow colour. We ae the family of garlic lovers and for us this recipe is divine because there is loads of garlic flavour and aroma in there. When I made this soup first and served it none of my friends could judge that it is Pumpkin Soup and they just loved it. Garlic and rosemary together create a magical spell, which makes this soup finger licking good.
Roasted Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 4 - 5 slices of pumpkin
- 5 - 6 garlic cloves
- 1 medium-size onion cubed
- 2 sprig of rosemary leaves
- 4 Cup vegetable stock or water
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- To make Roasted Pumpkin Soup, preheat your oven at 180-degree celsius.
- Next in a baking tray arrange pumpkin slices, remove the seeds and leave the peel intact. Tuck the rosemary sprigs in between pumpkin slices
- Arrange garlic cloves and onion slices in the baking tray as well.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper over the vegetable. Drizzle 2 - 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 20 - 30 minutes or till charred marks appear over the vegetables.
- Once roasted, scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin in a saucepan, discard the skin. Add the remaining vegetables as well from the baking tray in the saucepan.
- Add warm vegetable stock or water in the same saucepan. Turn on the heat.
- As the liquid comes to a boil reduce the heat to medium and let the soup simmer for 10 - 15 minutes more. Taste and add the seasoning accordingly.
- Turn off the heat. Let the soup cool down a bit.
- Using a blender grind the soup to a smooth consistency. If required re-heat once again before serving.
- Serve Roasted Pumpkin Soup warm garnished with roasted garlic cloves, olive oil and cream.