If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Aloo ke Gutke Recipe (Stir Fried Potato Pahadi Style)
- 4 large sized potato
- 2 – 3 dried red chiles
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp mango powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 3 tbsp mustard oil
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Wash potatoes and boil them until half way cooked.
- Turn off the heat, drain the hot water and fill the pan with cold water. Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1 ½” pieces.
- Heat oil in a skillet until fuming hot, lower the heat and fry the red chilies until brown. Remove from the oil and keep aside.
- In the same oil add mustard seeds. Once seeds start popping add red chili powder and turmeric powder stir for 1 – 2 seconds.
- Immediately add potatoes and mix well for to coat the spices.
- Add coriander powder, salt, mango powder and mix well.
- Sauté the potatoes for about 5 -7 minutes on med – med low flame until potatoes are evenly roasted.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and let potato cook over low heat until fully cooked and brown charred marks appear on potato.
- Turn of the heat, transfer to a serving dish and garnish the potatoes with red chilies and lots of coriander leaves.
- Serve Aloo ke Gutke hot with Garam Masala Chai.