How to make khatta meetha kaddu in less than 30 minutes:
Khatta Meetha Kaddu is a delicious, gluten-free pumpkin side dish. Learn how to make khatta meetha kaddu in few simple steps.
- 1 full yellow pumpkin peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds rai
- 2 tbsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp dried mango powder
- 2 tbsp jaggery or sugar
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- In a heavy bottom pan heat ghee over medium flame.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and kasuri methi, fry till seeds start spluttering.
- Add pumpkin along with the salt and spices, stir to combine.
- Add approximately 1/2 Cup of water, stir and let pumpkin cubes cook covered over medium heat till they turn soft
- Once pumpkin turns soft, add amchur, corinader powder and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Let the pumpkin pieces cook over low heat for next 5 - 10 minutes. Stir occasionally in between.
- Serve Khatta Meetha Kaddu warm with Poori ( see recipe ).