Pasta in Red Sauce is a delicious Italian pasta dish bursting with robust flavors of fresh tomato sauce. You don’t have to wait for winters to make this quick sauce pasta recipe. Most of the ingredients required for the Penne Arrabiata are easily available. This recipe lists the seasonal vegetables I prefer in my pasta, but don’t be afraid to use experiment with your choice of vegetables. Perfectly-cooked penne pasta and richly flavored tomato sauce come across as a heavenly match. An assortment of ingredients ranging from onions and garlic to peppercorns, herbs and bay leaves offer their unique flavors to this intense tomato-based sauce, making the Pasta in Red Sauce an experience that will remain in your memory forever. Pasta makes me happy. It’s what I crave when I’m having a dull day or not in a mood to cook an elaborate meal.
Most of the ingredients required for Penne Arrabiata are easily available all around the year. For this recipe, I have used the seasonal vegetables. However, don’t hesitate to experiment with your choice of vegetables. Toss in some different kind vegetables every time, and just like that, you have a recipe for 10 very similar yet very different pasta dishes. (I know right!)
Perfectly-cooked penne pasta and a richly flavored tomato sauce come across as a heavenly match. An assortment of ingredients ranging from onions and garlic to peppercorns, herbs and bay leaves offer their unique flavors to this intense tomato-based sauce. When the indulgent and oh so ah-mazing fragrance of the hot red sauce reaches you, you can’t help but feel your mouth water.
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
Pasta in Red Sauce Recipe (Penne Arrabiata)
Pasta in Red Sauce is a delicious Italian pasta dish bursting with robust flavors of fresh tomato sauce.
- 300 gram of dry penne pasta
- 2 Cups of Tomato Sauce (see recipe here)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium size zucchini cut into thin slices
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 - 5 fresh basil leaves roughly torn
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- For The garnish
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For serving the pasta
- toasted garlic bread
- To prepare the pasta, first boil the pasta in salted water till al-dente or cooked as per your liking. Drain pasta in a colander and preserve some of the pasta water to flavor the sauce.
- Rinse pasta with cold water and set aside while you prepare the tomato sauce (See how to prepare pizza/pasta sauce at home)
- In a non stick stir fry pan (buy it here) heat a tablespoon of olive oil and stir fry zucchini till it is cooked through. Turn off the heat and keep aside.
- Once sauce is ready, heat the olive in a broad saucepan (buy it here). Add the sauce and saute for a minute or so. Add the drained pasta along with zucchini to the sauce and stir to combine. Cook on a medium flame for few minutes for pasta to absorb the flavors of the sauce, while stirring the pasta occasionally in between.
- Adjust the consistency of the sauce by using reserved pasta water.
- Before serving the pasta, add fresh basil leaves along with grated parmesan cheese and olive oil.
- Serve Pasta in Red Sauce warm with toasted garlic bread on the side.
Fun FOOD and Frolic http://www.funfoodfrolic.com/