This basic pizza sauce recipe is surely flavoursome and super simple to follow. It is quite a versatile sauce, spread a generous helping over the pizza base, pour over the pasta or dunk meatballs in it. The simple homemade pizza sauce is always an Italian hero. And a must-have condiment in your kitchen pantry!!
Coming back from vacations and getting back to work is not an easy job but as they say, every good vacation comes to an end and so does mine. I am back to home and trying to pick up threads of routine life. Before leaving for vacation I did deep cleaning of the fridge so now it’s time to refill all those empty jars of condiments and I started with Italian sauce. Why? Because I strongly believe in homemade pizza and pasta sauce. The kind of taste and texture they bring to your Italian dishes is totally unmatchable.
You won’t believe it takes only 20 minutes to make this sauce at home. And it last, approximately a month in the fridge. If you are planning pizza night with family over the weekend. Then this quick tomato sauce will make your life super easy. All you need to do is prepare the pizza base (learn how to make pizza base) and then slather it with a generous spread of homemade sauce. Trust me the taste of pizza gets so much better with this rich and thick pizza sauce.
Can I Store Pizza Sauce In The Fridge?
How To Use Pizza Sauce?
No Cook Pizza Sauce Recipe
There is another method to make this basic Italian sauce. On days when I am too lazy to follow an authentic recipe, I use a cheat trick to make quick no-cook pizza and pasta sauce at home. To make no-cook pizza sauce ingredients required are same as mentioned in the recipe below except the chopped onion. Blend rest of the ingredients in a food processor to get the thick and luscious tomato sauce. I prefer using a food processor for this recipe because it gives a coarse and rustic texture to the sauce rather than a smooth puree.
Watch Step By Step Video Of Basic Pizza Sauce:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Basic Pizza Sauce Recipe | How To Make Pizza Sauce
- 4 - 5 ripe tomatoes
- 4 - 5 garlic cloves fine chopped
- 1 large-size onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (optional)
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon Italian herb mix
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil leaves chopped
- Wash the tomato and pat them dry. Blend the tomato in a food processor to make a chunky paste. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add chopped garlic and fry for 2 - 3 second.
- Next, add the chopped onion and fry till onion turn translucent. This will not take more than a minute.
- Now add the tomato paste followed by tomato ketchup, Italian herb mix, salt, vinegar and pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Allow the sauce to simmer over low heat for 5 - 10 minutes to thicken a bit.
- Add fresh basil leaves and turn off the heat. Allow the pizza sauce to cool down to room temperature before storing.
- Store pizza sauce in a clean and dry jar with the lid. Keep it in the fridge until required. Or you can use it immediately.
Watch Recipe Video
Step By Step Method To Make Pizza Sauce:
1) Heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add chopped garlic and fry for 2 – 3 second. Next, add the chopped onion and fry till onion turn translucent. This will not take more than a minute.
2) Now add the tomato paste followed by tomato ketchup, Italian herb mix, salt, vinegar and pepper. Stir to combine well. Allow the sauce to simmer over low heat for 5 – 10 minutes to thicken a bit.
3) Add fresh basil leaves and turn off the heat. Allow the pizza sauce to cool down to room temperature before storing.
4) Store pizza sauce in a clean and dry jar with the lid. Keep it in the fridge until required. Or you can use it immediately.