Love Thai Curry? Try these Thai Recipes:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Thai Red Chicken Curry Recipe
- 500 gram boneless chicken pieces
- 1 stalk of lemongrass
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp Red Thai Curry Paste see recipe here
- 1 tsp fish sauce buy it here
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 – 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 1 – 2 thai bird eye’s chili chopped
- 2 – 3 fresh basil leaves
- Salt to taste
- Start with finely slicing the lemongrass, starting at the thinner end, stopping towards the base when it gets tough (often described as ‘woody’ and white in the centre).
- Clean, wash and pat dry the chicken pieces. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the curry paste ( see recipe here ) and cook for 5 minutes or so. Stirring it occasionally while cooking.
- Add chicken pieces and stir until they are coated with the curry paste.
- Add the lemongrass, fish sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and two tablespoon of coconut milk.
- Stir to combine and cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Then add the remaining coconut milk along with kaffir lime leaves, basil, red chili and stir.
- Bring slowly to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Stir the curry a few times while it cooks, to stop it sticking and to keep the chicken submerged.
- Adjust the consistency of curry by adding water.
- Taste the curry, adjust the seasoning and consistency accordingly.
- Once ready to serve, sprinkle few chopped basil leaves.
- Serve Thai Red Chicken Curry warm with with Thai jasmine rice.