Pasta Chips are one of the viral Tik Tok snack recipes. I am sharing a spicy Indian-style pasta chips recipe for an air fryer.
What are Pasta Chips?
As the name suggests, pasta chips are crisp and crunchy munchies made with boiled pasta. They are very similar to real chips.
Who would have thought that a humble cooked pasta could be transformed into a delicious munching snack? Like Dalgona Coffee and Chilli Oil Noodles, the pasta chips hack got viral on Tik Tok and Instagram.
The best part of this chips recipe is you can use any variety of pasta and seasoning of your choice; the creative possibilities are endless. Plus, they are utterly simple and easy to make.
Pasta: Use rotini, farfalle, spiralle, penne, or shell pasta.
Seasoning: Red Chili Powder, Chaat Masala, Garlic Powder, Parmesan Cheese, and Salt.
Olive Oil: It helps in sticking the seasoning to the chips and makes pasta chips crisp while air frying.
How To Make
Step 1) Boil pasta in salted water till al dente. Transfer to a colander and drain all the liquid. Allow boiled pasta to cool down.
Step 2) Spread pasta on a clean kitchen towel to ensure the pasta is dry and not too moist (images 1 & 2).
Step 3) Transfer pasta to a mixing bowl. Add seasoning, salt, and olive oil. Toss together nicely to coat each pasta with the seasoning (images 3 & 4).
Step 4) Preheat the air fryer to 180 degrees Celcius.
Step 5) Transfer pasta to the air fryer basket. Spread it on a single layer.
Step 6) Air Fry for 15 to 20 minutes, depending upon the size of the air fryer. Toss them twice or thrice while air frying to avoid burning.
Allow pasta chips to cool down a bit before serving.
My Tried & True Tips
Meal Prep Pasta: I highly recommend boiling your pasta in advance and storing it in the refrigerator. The pasta chips turn out better if made with day-old pasta sitting in the fridge than the freshly boiled batch.
A drizzle of olive oil helps in sticking the seasoning to the chips and making them crisp while air frying.
While air frying, do not overcrowd the basket. Arrange pasta in a single layer for even cooking.
Toss & Turn: While air frying the chips, toss and turn them once or twice for browning and cooking.
If you plan to store the pasta chips, allow them to cool down at room temperature before transferring them to an air-tight container. Store them like any other chips at room temperature.
More Snack Recipes
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach other food lovers like you.
Air Fryer Pasta Chips Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 250 gram farfalle pasta
- ¼ Cup parmesan cheese powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- Boil pasta in salted water till al dente. Transfer to a colander and drain all the liquid. Allow boiled pasta to cool down.
- Spread pasta on a clean kitchen towel to ensure the pasta is dry and not too moist.
- Transfer pasta to a mixing bowl. Add seasoning, salt, and olive oil. Toss together nicely to coat each pasta with the seasoning.
- Preheat the air fryer to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Transfer pasta to the air fryer basket. Spread it on a single layer.
- Air Fry for 15 to 20 minutes, depending upon the size of the air fryer. Toss them twice or thrice while air frying to avoid burning.
- Serve pasta chips with dips of your choice.
- Alternatively, you can deep fry these pasta chips in flavourless oil. Or bake them at 180 degrees Celcius on a baking sheet till crisp and golden.
- You can add other seasonings to pasta chips, like peri peri spice mix, Italian herbs, red paprika, etc.
- For vegan pasta chips, skip adding cheese.