Lentil salad is probably the best way to eat lentils except making curry out of them. Lentils are packed with protein when combined with vegetables they make an excellent snack or meal in a bowl. You can pack this Gluten Free Lentil Salad for the lunchbox as well. And try to stick to low-fat no sugar dressing to keep the essence of this salad healthy. Recently, we packed this lentil salad for his office lunchbox and shared a picture of same on our Instagram feed, and it received tremendous love. That pushed me to share the recipe on the blog. And here we are.
To simplify the salad making process during the morning rush hour, boil the lentil previous night and store in the fridge. I also prefer chopping veggies beforehand. This way last minute, all I need to do is prepare the dressing and assemble the salad. Serve this cool Mediterranean – style salad alongside grilled meat for a one-pot dinner/lunch. You can add a dollop of your favourite soft cheese as well in this salad. And it tastes absolutely divine with a touch of soft cheese. But not when you are consciously counting calories in a meal.
This gluten-free lentil salad, in its most familiar guise, is a cool, refreshing, protein-packed collection of coloured vegetables tossed with a creamy yoghurt dressing. The possibilities, however, don’t end here, there is an endless combination of vegetables and dressings for this lentil salad. So don’t limit your creative chain of thoughts, step ahead and try different flavour combination to build up your own lentil salad.
In case you are interested in similar healthy lunchbox menu ideas for adults, follow us on Instagram (@funfoodandfrolic). Every day we share insights into his office lunchbox, packed with healthy dishes that are easy to prepare too.
And don’t forget to share with us how you’d like this gluten-free lentil salad in the comments section below. A word from you always gets us high on motivation!!
Gluten Free Lentil Salad Recipe
Lentil salad is probably the best way to eat lentils except making curry out of them. Learn how to make gluten-free lentil salad.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 Cup green moong lentil boiled
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-size onion fine chopped
- 1 medium-size carrot diced
- 1 English cucumber diced
- 1 small-size tomato seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper ribs, and seeds removed, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped coriander
- 1/4 Cup thick yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash and soak the green moong lentils in enough water for 1 – 2 hours.
- Bring a saucepan of water with salt to a boil. Add lentils, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain in a metal colander and allow to cool.
- Make sure not to overcook the lentils. They should not turn mushy.
- Combine chopped vegetables in a bowl and mix boiled lentil into them. Keep in the fridge.
- To prepare the salad dressing, whisk all the ingredients of dressing in a bowl until well combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Just before serving combine the salad and the dressing.
- Serve gluten free lentil salad immediately.
Love this? Pin it for Later!Follow @hinagujral on Pinterest!