Mango Avocado Salad is a perfect summer salad loaded with spicy, flavorsome grilled shrimps. The combination of mango and avocado in a salad is a match made in heaven. Enjoy this mango shrimp salad that is so easy to prepare and packed with favorite summer flavors.
The shrimps (prawns) for this mango avocado salad are tossed in a simple Mexican spice mix and quickly grilled in a pan. The whole salad requires 30 minutes from start to finish – making it ideal for a weekday dinner, hot summer afternoon lunch or on an evening snack table. It has a fruity flavor with a nice punch from chilies.
There is something magical about combining the buttery avocado and sweetness of mangoes. The two of them together create the perfect blend of flavors and texture.
It is healthy, gluten-free, sugar-free, and can be transformed into a vegan salad just by not adding shrimps. The classic mango avocado salad is one of the best mango recipes for the summer season
Pro Meal Prep Tip For Mango Avocado Salad
Marinate the shrimps a few hours or a day before and store in the fridge. Last-minute grill the shrimps in the oven or pan. Similarly, prepare the dressing as well in advance.
Mango + Cilantro Dressing:
The showstopper of this shrimp salad is the mango and cilantro dressing. The heat of red chilies combined with the sweetness of mangoes and the freshness of coriander is a real outburst of flavors. Hence, making the salad all the more delectable.
Usually, I prepare a large batch of mango dressing over the weekend and enjoy it with salads and chips and grilled meats. It is a true tropical summer favorite dressing recipe. Super simple to prepare as well.
Don’t focus too much on the exact proportion of the dressing ingredients. You can use more or less garlic, coriander, chilies, etc. It all depends on how sweet or spicy you like dressing. Feel free to taste while blending the dressing and adjust the flavors accordingly.
You can also use any of these – 6 Salad Dressing Recipes
Also, if you feel like mixing things up a bit, here are a few add-ins that are fun (feel free to mix and match):
- fresh veggies (cucumbers, corn, etc.)
- fresh jalapeno pepper
- boiled/canned red Mexican beans
- other fresh herbs (a hint of minced oregano or mint can be fun)
- smoked or roasted chile peppers (roasted poblanos, chipotles, etc.)
- sprinkle crushed nachos, tostadas, etc
Other Shrimp Recipes You Might Like:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Shrimp Mango Avocado Salad Recipe
Ingredients For Grilled Shrimps:
- 500 gram shrimps/prawns, cleaned and washed
- 1 teaspoon red paprika
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Ingredients For Salad:
- 1 Cup ripe mango pulp diced
- 1 Cup ripe avocado diced
- 1 Cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 Cup onion diced
- 1 green chilli sliced
Ingredients For Dressing:
- 1/4 Cup ripe mango pulp
- 1/4 Cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red chilli
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
Marinate and Grill Shrimps:
- Clean, wash and pat dry the shrimps. Combine shrimps with paprika, taco seasoning and salt. Mix nicely and marinate for 10 minutes. Heat a grill pan. Drizzle olive oil and grill the marinated shrimps until cooked from both the sides. This takes 5 – 10 minutes only. Keep shrimps aside to cool down a bit.
Prepare the dressing:
- Combine all the ingredients for dressing in a food processor. Blend till combined nicely. Keep in the fridge till required.
Assemble the salad:
- Combine mango, avocado, bell pepper, onion and shrimps in a bowl. Pour the dressing and toss gently. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves. Serve mango avocado salad immediately.
- For preparing the dressing food processor is the right choice instead of a mixer. Blending the dressing ingredients in a mixer might result in a smoothie like paste with no texture.
- Or you can blend mango pulp in a mixer and later add chopped coriander, chilli and garlic to it. And get the right consistency using extra virgin olive oil.