Here is the recipe of how to make Paneer Jalfrezi:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
- 250 gram Paneer cut into strips
- 1 medium size onion cut into squares
- 1 bell pepper cut into cubes
- 1 capsicum cut into cubes
- 1 carrot cut into cubes
- 1 firm Tomato seeded and cut into cubes
- 2 Tomato blanched and pureed
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp Ginger – Garlic Paste
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Nigella Kalonji seeds
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Each Red Chilly Powder Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder and Mango Powder
- 2 tsp Kasuri Methi or Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- Heat oil in a stir-fry pan ( buy it here ) over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and nigella seeds, let them splutter.
- Add chopped onion, fry till onion turn pink. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry well for a minute.
- Add thinly cut carrot strips and fry on high flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, tomato ketchup, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, mango powder, garam masala and salt. Fry them until the mixture is slightly dry.
- Add the colored bell peppers,capsicum and fry again on high flame for 2 minutes.
- At last add tomato strips (seeded and cut) and paneer strips and gently mix them until all the masalas coat all the vegetables and paneer.Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes but do not stir very frequently otherwise Paneer strips will crumble.
- Sprinkle kasuri Methi and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve Paneer Jalfrezi warm with chapati or naan.
Equipment Used: Stir-fry pan ( buy it here )