This summer pasta salad is loaded with pineapple, cucumber, olives and a light creamy dressing. We love eating it for lunch or dinner. It is just perfect summer meal. You can make it in advance and let it sit in the fridge. This easy pasta salad takes my favourite summer ingredients and turns them into a delicious meal.
After all, the Delhi heat is almost killing us and we are sticking to no-cook, easy to prepare meals. A light, creamy and tasty summer pasta salad recipe is what we all need to sail through the harsh summer season. During the hot summer afternoon, it is so comforting to have a light pasta salad for lunch along with a glass of chilled iced tea or mint lemonade. On certain days, the addition of leftover grilled chicken, shrimps or sun-dried tomatoes makes this pasta salad all the way more delicious. And feel free to pick your favourite shape of pasta to make this summer salad. I usually stick to either fusilli, macaroni or farfalle pasta to make any kind of salad.
What are some great simple pasta recipes?
These pasta recipes are my all-time favourite. Why? Because they are so easy to prepare, doesn’t require loads of ingredients and tastes so good. They are just perfect for any season. Hope you too enjoy them as much as I do.
The addition of pineapple cubes provides a fruity dimension to this summer pasta salad. The tropical flavour in this salad is perfect for the summer season – so refreshing and juicy at the same time. When it comes to pineapple you can use either the canned pineapple cubes or the fresh one. Either way, the end result is delicious. But fresh pineapple cubes need to be added just before combining the dressing as it might turn bitter.
Creamy Summer Pasta Salad is the perfect recipe for a summer potluck or the office lunchbox. It transports well and can be made in advance. Just allow it to get chilled for the flavours to develop. The textures and flavours make this salad absolutely irresistible. I have prepared this pasta salad repeatedly from past from one year and it has always dwelled me compliments from the loved ones. It is not that complicated to fall in love with this tropical summer pasta salad. It’s a lovely and fresh salad that just sings of summer. And when combined with fresh pineapple cubes? Well, I don’t know if it gets any better than that.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
How to make creamy summer pasta salad in 30 minutes:
Creamy Summer Pasta Salad
- 200 gram farfalle pasta
- 1/4 Cup capsicum diced
- 1/4 Cup English cucumber diced
- 1/2 Cup cherry tomato, cut into halves
- 1/4 Cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 Cup green olives cut into halves
- 1/2 Cup pineapple cubes canned or fresh
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup pineapple juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain, then rinse with cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, capsicum, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and olives.
- To prepare the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk using a fork until nicely emulsified or combined.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Add the pineapple cubes.
- Gently mix to coat the salad with the dressing.
- Let the salad sit in the fridge for atleast 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve Creamy Summer Pasta Salad chilled for lunch or evening snacks.