This summer pasta salad is loaded with pineapple and a creamy, flavorsome homemade dressing. It is a perfect summer meal. You can make it in advance and let it sit in the fridge. This easy pasta salad takes my favorite summer ingredients and turns them into a delicious meal.
A light, creamy and tasty pasta salad recipe is what we all need to sail through the summer season. And when combined with fresh pineapple cubes? Well, it cannot get any better than that.
The addition of grilled chicken, shrimps, or sun-dried tomatoes makes this pineapple pasta salad all the way more delicious.
Pineapple Pasta Salad…
The Salad: The USP of this salad recipe is PINEAPPLE. The addition of pineapple cubes provides a fruity dimension to the pasta salad.
The tropical flavor in this salad is perfect – so refreshing and juicy at the same time.
When it comes to pineapple, you can use either the canned pineapple cubes or the fresh ones.
You can try my pineapple avocado salad cum salsa as well.
The Dressing: A basic creamy Italian style dressing is a perfect choice for pasta salad. Adding pineapple juice in the dressing gives it a fruity kick. Making the salad all the way more delicious and unique.
You can prepare this salad dressing 2 – 3 days in advance and store it in the refrigerator. Shake well before use.
Why does my pasta salad get dry?
There are two reasons for a pasta salad to get dry. One, the pasta is cold and hard – secondly, insufficient dressing. The best way to deal with this problem is to keep pasta slightly warm and moist while adding the dressing. And prepare a double batch of dressing. If before serving, the salad seems dry, add more dressing and toss the salad.
Can you make pasta salad ahead of time?
The good news is pasta salad can be stored for 2 – 5 days in the fridge depending on the ingredients. If there are highly perishable ingredients such as seafood, boiled eggs, or uncooked meat, it is best to consume the salad within 1 – 2 days. Else, you can store pasta salad in an airtight container for a week easily.
What are some great simple pasta recipes?
These pasta recipes are my all-time favorite. Why? Because they are so easy to prepare, doesn’t require loads of ingredients, and tastes so good. They are just perfect for any season.
Hope you too enjoy them as much as I do.
Watch Creamy Pasta Salad Video:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a Star Rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Creamy Summer Pasta Salad Recipe
- Salad Mixing Bowl
- 400 gram farfalle pasta
- 1/4 Cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 Cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 Cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 Cup olives cut into halves
- 1/2 Cup pineapple cubes, canned or fresh
- 1/4 Cup fresh basil
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1/2 Cup plain mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Prep Work For Salad:
- To prepare the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Whisk using a fork until nicely emulsified or combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly. Keep in the fridge.
- Chop all the vegetables and pineapple. Assemble in a bowl.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain, then rinse with water.
Prepare Pasta Salad:
- Add cooked pasta along with the chopped ingredients. Mix nicely.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Gently mix to coat the salad with the dressing.
- Let the salad sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve Creamy Summer Pasta Salad chilled for lunch or evening snacks.
- It is always best to use broad shaped or tube type pasta for salad instead of spaghetti or linguini.
- Pasta is the soul of this salad. Do not overcook or undercook the pasta otherwise the whole salad will be either mushy or dry.
- While boiling pasta it is highly recommended to season the water with salt. This step ensures a well seasoned pasta for salad instead of a bland one.
- It is best to use sweet, ripe and juicy pineapple for making this pasta salad.