If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Kali Mirch Gobi Recipe
- 500 g cauliflower florets
- 2 medium size tomato pureed
- 1 capsicum cut into 1 inch cubes
- Thumb size piece of ginger peeled and grated
- ¼ Cup light cream/ fresh cream from milk malai
- 2 tsp crushed black pepper
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Wash cauliflower florets under running water to get rid of any dirt particles. Transfer to a colander to get rid of excess water. Let cauliflower sit in colander for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once oil is heated add grated ginger and saute till ginger change color to dark brown this takes 2 – 3 minutes. You can smell aroma of roasted ginger in the air.
- Now add pureed tomatoes along with salt. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring once or twice in between.
- Once tomato puree is nicely sauteed add cream and black pepper. Stir and let it simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add cauliflower florets and capsicum mix nicely to evenly coat vegetables with the masala. Add 1 Cup of water and cover the pan with the lid for the vegetables to cook evenly.
- After 15 minutes open the lid and give vegetable a nice stir, check for doneness if still cauliflower not cooked through put the lid back on and cook for some more time until cauliflower is cooked.
- Before serving sprinkle some crushed pepper on top.
- Serve Kali Mirch Gobi warm with Chapati.