Spicy Chilli Corn Dip is a creamy, cheesy bowl of goodness. A popular side dish for the BBQ, potluck, or picnic. Be sure to watch the video!
The Cheesy Corn Dip
What not to love about this creamy corn dip? It is sweet, spicy, sour, creamy, cheesy, and everything you are looking for in a perfect dip. Added bonus – it is gluten-free too!
For the backyard BBQ, potluck get-together, summer picnic, or a large gathering, you can make this dip in advance and serve it warm or cold with a big bag of chips. Or you can enjoy it as a creamy corn salad on a hot summer afternoon.
More Reasons To LOVE Corn Dip
easy to prepare
minimal cooking required
vegetarian and gluten-free
Corn: Sweet Corn Kernels are the hero of this dip recipe. You can use fresh or frozen corn kernels. I always prefer fresh ones over frozen ones for a more natural sweet taste.
Creaminess: The trilogy of cream cheese, mayonnaise, and grated cheese give the perfect creaminess to the dip. You can use sour cream also instead of cream cheese.
Spiciness: The chili peppers and the red chili flakes perfectly balance out the sweetness of the corn. Jalapeno, Serano Chilies, and Indian Green Chili are also a perfect fit for this dip recipe.
Herbs: Fresh Coriander, Cilantro, Green Onion, Parsley. Basil, Chives – the choices are endless.
Seasoning: Butter, Garlic, Chilli Powder, Lime Juice, Salt, Pepper
How To Make
It’s as easy as 1-2-3 to make chili corn dip.
1) Saute garlic and corn in butter to soften the corn.
2) Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
3) Mix, and enjoy!
Watch Corn Dip Video
Refrigerated corn dip will stay fresh for up to 4 days stored in an airtight container. Before serving give it a quick stir and adjust the seasonings.
Leftover corn dip is great to tuck inside sandwiches or tacos.
More Corn Recipes
- Crispy Corn
- Corn Salsa
- Corn Chaat
- Corn Paneer Cutlet
- Creamy Corn Soup
- Cheese Corn Muffin
- Spinach Corn Sandwich
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach other food lovers like you.
Spicy Chilli Corn Dip Recipe
- 2 Cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green and red chilli
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder or paprika
- ¼ Cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoon plain mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- ¼ Cup pizza cheese, grated
- Cut the corn kernels off the cob. Collect the corn kernels in a bowl. If you are using frozen corn, skip this step and thaw the corn kernels.
- Heat butter in a frying pan. Add garlic and chopped chilli. Saute for less than a minute to infuse the flavor of the garlic and chili into butter. No need to brown the garlic.
- Add corn kernels, spices, salt, and stir fry for 5 – 6 minutes or till corn kernels are tender. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer hot sauteed corn to a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix. The heat of corn will melt the cheese.
- Corn Dip is ready to serve. Enjoy it with nachos or munchies of your choice.
- You can use fresh or frozen corn kernels.
- Feel free to use sour cream instead of cream cheese.
- Make sure the corn kernels are piping hot while mixing the cheese. Else, the dip will not have a creamy mouth feel.
- Jalapeno, Serano Chilies, Indian Green Chili are also a perfect fit for this dip recipe.