We have for you the best eggless chocolate cake recipe that is tried and tested. It is fudgy, super moist, and easy to prepare from start to finish. This cake could be the answer to the question – ‘what is the best recipe for an eggless chocolate cake?’
Reasons To Love This Eggless Chocolate Cake…
√ super-duper moist
√ perfectly sweet
√ has the right notes of chocolate
√ extremely simple to prepare
How can you not love a cake with all these marvelous qualities? Seems like I almost tried a zillion chocolate cake recipes from the internet, recipe books, baking guides, etc. But none of those recipes satisfied my criteria of a flawless eggless cake.
This chocolate cake was love at first bite kind of situation. Everyone needs a foolproof cake recipe in their journal. Hence, this easy chocolate cake is one of those recipes that are worth bookmarking for all the happy occasions in your life.
Tips To Make Moist Chocolate Cake:
In case you not know, baking a chocolate cake of your dreams at home is not rocket science. If I have done it, you can do it as well.
- First and foremost, make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before preparing the batter. Else, cold ingredients straight from the fridge might affect the texture of the cake.
- Next, measure all the ingredients correctly. Baking is not at all about intuitions. We need to follow the measurements strictly.
- Use an electric hand blender or a stand mixer to cream the butter and sugar. It is the foundation of a good cake.
- Do not over mix the cake batter. Once everything is combined keep your hands away from the batter. Mixing for too long is not going to give you a soft cake. Actually, it does quite the opposite.
- Last but not the least, over baking a cake is a serious crime (just joking). Always perform the toothpick test before deciding if the cake is done.
For a person like me who is not a professional baker, decorating a cake is a bit demanding. I am not good at icing or creating fancy layers. The trick of covering the top of a cake with chocolate ganache or simple whipped cream always worked.
Needless, to say don’t hesitate to embellish the cake with fresh seasonal fruits (strawberries, peaches, mangoes, pineapple, passion fruit, etc) as I did earlier also in this eggless sponge fruitcake. Nothing complicated yet such an elegant way to dress up a simple cake.
If time permits and you are in an experimental mood make simple chocolate curls or use readymade tiny silver/golden balls and sprinkle over the cake.
Microwave Chocolate Cake…
First of all, it’s a big myth that you cannot bake a delicious chocolate cake in the microwave or in the microwave convection mode. All you need to have is the right microwave cake recipe. It requires only 20 minutes from start to finish. And a decadent chocolate fudge cake is ready.
Looking for more eggless cake recipes? Try these:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Best Eggless Chocolate Cake
- 2 1/3 Cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 3/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 Cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1/2 Cup (113 grams) butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup yogurt, at room temperature (dahi)
- 1/2 Cup olive oil/refined oil
- 1 1/2 Cup buttermilk (see recipe)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Ingredients For Chocolate Frosting
- 1 Cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- Take 1 1/2 Cup milk at room temperature. Combine one teaspoon vinegar in the milk. Mix nicely. Set aside until required.
Prepare Coffee Paste:
- Combine instant coffee powder with warm water. Mix nicely. Set aside to steep.
Combine Dry Ingredients:
- Sift flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder together in a bowl. Set aside.
Combine Wet Ingredients:
- Whisk butter and sugar together until creamy and double in volume. Use an electric hand blender with a whisk attachment or a stand mixer for the purpose. Now add yogurt and whisk the batter for 3 – 5 minutes at medium speed. Add the oil and vanilla essence. Continue whisking the batter for 5 minutes. Next, add the buttermilk and coffee paste. Whisk the batter for 5 minutes.
Prepare Oven and Cake Tin:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a round 9-inch cake tin with butter. Line it with parchment paper or butter paper.
Prepare Cake Batter:
- Add dry ingredients in small batches to the wet ingredients. Combine nicely. Stop mixing once the batter is well combined and no streaks of flour visible.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased tin. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool down in the tin for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Heat cream in a non-stick pan till it comes to boil. Add butter and mix. Pour this hot liquid over the chopped chocolate and mix until a thick ganache is formed. Spread this frosting over the cake. Add chopped strawberries and chocolate curls. Serve eggless chocolate cake with vanilla ice-cream.
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before making the cake batter.
- Measure all the ingredients correctly.
- Do not mix the cake batter for too long as it will harden the cake.
- Allow the cake to cool down a bit before covereing with chocolate frosting.
- Once ready, use the chocolate frosting immediately. Do not leave it unattended for a long time.