Best Eggless Chocolate Cake is the perfectly delicious and moist chocolate cake recipe. This cake could be the answer to the question – ‘what is the best ever recipe for the eggless chocolate cake?’ It is fudgy, super moist and so easy to prepare from start to finish. Therefore, I feel really lucky to finally have one eggless cake recipe that is perfect to the tee.
Why Am I In Love With This Eggless Chocolate Cake?
√ super duper moist
√ perfectly sweet
√ has the right notes of chocolate
√ extremely simple to prepare
How can you not love a cake with all these marvelous qualities? Seems like I almost tried a zillion chocolate cake recipes from the internet, recipe books, baking guides etc. But none of those recipes satisfied my criteria of a flawless cake. This chocolate cake was a love at first bite kind of situation. Hence, I am thrilled to announce that I have found the right chocolate cake recipe.
How To Make Moist Eggless Chocolate Cake At Home?
In case you not know, baking a cake of your dreams at home is not a rocket science. If I have done it, you can do it as well. How? Simply follow the recipe and keep these tips in mind while baking a chocolate cake.
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before preparing the batter. Else, cold ingredients straight from the fridge might affect the texture of the cake.
- Measure all the ingredients correctly. Baking is not at all about intuitions. We need to follow measurements strictly.
- Do not over mix the cake batter. Once everything is combined keep your hands away from the batter. Mixing for too long is not going to give you a soft cake. Actually, it does quite the opposite.
- Last but not the least, over baking a cake is a serious crime (just joking). Always perform the toothpick test before deciding if the cake is done. Usually, when I am baking cake in a microwave convection mode I check it 5 minutes early then the suggested time in the recipe. And this trick always helps me to get the perfectly baked cake.
Microwave Chocolate Cake
First of all, it’s a big myth that you cannot bake delicious cakes in a microwave or in a microwave convection mode. All you need to have is the right microwave cake recipe. Like my easy microwave chocolate cake. That recipe requires only 20 minutes from start to finish. And a decadent chocolate fudge cake is ready. No oven or preheating required to make this easy microwave cake. In addition to this, I have baked few other teatime cakes as well in a microwave convection mode – teatime orange cake, chai spiced pumpkin cake, and eggless semolina cake.All of these cakes has a superb taste and texture despite the fact I have baked them in a microwave convection mode.
For a person like me who is not a professional baker, decorating a cake is bit demanding. I am not good at icing or creating fancy layers. But somehow for me, the trick of covering the top of a cake with chocolate ganache or simple whipped cream always worked. Needless, to say don’t hesitate to embellish the cake with fresh seasonal fruits (strawberries, peaches, mangoes, pineapple, passion fruit etc) like I did earlier also in this eggless sponge fruitcake. Nothing complicated yet such an elegant way to dress up a simple cake. Just don’t bother to cut the perfect layers of the cake. Rather add a generous portion of chocolate ganache and smear it all over the top of the cake. If time permits and you are in an experimental mood make simple chocolate curls and sprinkle over the cake. Else, leave it.
Everyone needs a good chocolate cake in their repertoire. Hence, this easy eggless chocolate cake is one of those recipes that are worth bookmarking for all the happy occasions in your life. Hope you find it worth trying and please rate the recipe in case you like it!
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
Best Eggless Chocolate Cake
- 2 1/3 Cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 3/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 Cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1/2 Cup (113 grams) butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup yogurt, at room temperature (dahi)
- 1/2 Cup olive oil/refined oil
- 1 1/2 Cup buttermilk (see recipe)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Ingredients For Chocolate Frosting
- 1 Cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 Cup fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- Take 1 1/2 Cup milk at room temperature. Combine teaspoon vinegar in the milk. Mix nicely. Set aside till required.
Prepare Coffee Paste:
- Combine instant coffee powder with warm water. Mix nicely. Set aside.
Combine Dry Ingredients:
- Sift flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder together in a bowl. Set aside.
Combine Wet Ingredients:
- Whisk butter and sugar together until creamy and double in volume. Use electric hand blender with a whisk attachment for the purpose. Now add yogurt and whisk the batter for 3 - 5 minutes at medium speed. Add the oil and vanilla essence. Continue whisking the batter for 5 minutes. Next, add the buttermilk and coffee paste. Whisk the batter for 5 minutes.
Prepare Oven and Cake Tin:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a round 9-inch cake tin with butter. Line it with parchment paper or butter paper.
Prepare Cake Batter:
- Add dry ingredients in small batches to the wet ingredients. Combine nicely. Stop mixing once the batter is well combined and no streaks of flour visible.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased tin. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool down in the tin for 5 - 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Heat cream in a non-stick pan till it comes to boil. Add butter and mix. Pour this hot liquid over the chopped chocolate and mix until a thick ganache is formed. Spread this frosting over the cake. Add chopped strawberries and chocolate curls. Serve eggless chocolate cake with vanilla ice-cream.
Behind The Scene
Momo eagerly waiting for that one bite of the cake.