Cheese Muffin is perfect teatime snack loaded with cheese, sweet corn and fresh herbs. They can also be served along with your favorite wine or soup around dinnertime. It is highly recommended to make corn cheese muffin in large batches because they disappear fast.
This is my first attempt at baking savory muffins and I am totally addicted to these cheesy little bites. The aroma of freshly plucked herbs from the kitchen garden, the sweetness of the corn kernels and the gooeyness of cheese make these corn cheese muffins an absolute crowd pleaser.
How To Customize Your Cheese Muffins?
Greens – From fresh spinach, kale, basil to coriander you can add any greens of your choice in these muffins.
Vegetables – Grated zucchini, carrot, broccoli or chopped mushrooms any easy to cook vegetables are perfect for these savory muffins. Sun-dried tomatoes are a great addition as well in these muffins.
Meat: These cheese muffins can be turned into meat lovers paradise by adding bacon, chopped ham, prawns or cooked chicken. So take your pick!
Cheese: Any variety of hard cheese such as cheddar, gouda, or processed pizza cheese are suitable for these muffins.
Seasoning: Add a dash of chopped garlic for the extra kick in the flavor. Or add a mix of dry herbs such as oregano, sage, and black pepper.
Watch Corn Cheese Muffin Recipe Video:
Special Tips To Make Perfect Cheese Muffins:
Measure all the ingredients correctly. Baking is not at all about intuitions. Use standard measuring cups and spoons.
Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before preparing the batter. Else, cold ingredients straight from the fridge might affect the texture of the muffins.
Cheese also has some amount of salty flavor so add the salt in the batter accordingly.
Store cheese muffins in an airtight container for 2 – 3 days in the fridge. Reheat cheese muffins in the microwave for 1 – 2 minutes before serving.
Love to bake? Try these muffin recipes:
For more such fun recipes in your life subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Corn Cheese Muffin Recipe
- 1 Cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon dry or fresh oregano
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 Cup grated cheese (any hard cheese)
- 1/2 Cup chopped parsley or basil or coriander
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 Cup milk, at room temperature
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celsius. Line muffin tray with paper liners or grease lightly with olive oil.
- In a bowl whisk milk and olive oil until combined well using hand blender.
- Add eggs and whisk again for 2 – 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder, salt together.
- Combine flour and egg mixture to form a smooth batter for the bread.
- Next add corn kernels, grated cheese, red chilli flakes and chopped herb mix in the flour muffin batter. Stir to combine.Do not over mix the batter and make sure no lumps of flour remain in the batter.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 with the muffin batter. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes. Insert toothpick to check for doneness.
- Once baked, transfer cheese muffins to a wire rack to cool down.
- Serve Corn Cheese Muffin warm or store in an airtight container in the fridge.