You might also like – 10 No Onion No Garlic Recipes
Curries like Paneer Makhani or Butter Chicken have a reputation for being difficult to make. But we always try our best to make these classic recipes simple and easy to understand for our readers. So that they can prepare them on a routine basis at home without fussing much about the long ingredients list. No artificial colour or tastemaker is added in the making of these dishes. It is all natural, homemade curry sauce that does the magic and the end result is a real outburst of flavours. After all, cooking should be fun and not some tedious, time-taking responsibility.
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
Jain Paneer Makhani Recipe
- 250- gram paneer cottage cheese cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 medium-size tomato blanched and pureed
- 1 red bell pepper cubed
- 1 green chili chopped
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoon Kasuri Methi Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- Heat one tablespoon of ghee in a heavy bottomed saute pan.
- Add the bell pepper and green chili. Sauté them until they turn translucent. Once done, allow them to cool down. Blend it in a mixer using a little water to form a smooth paste.
- Blend it in a mixer using a little water to form a smooth paste.
- Next, heat another tablespoon of ghee in the same pan. Add the tomato puree and sauté for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Athe bell pepper paste, sugar, salt, garam masala, peas and red chili powder. Cook till the oil starts separating from the paste.
- Sauté the contents of the pan for another 5 minutes, finally stirring in the milk and fresh cream along with 1/4 cup of water. Boil everything together on high heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bring the gravy to a boil once, reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Now add the paneer cubes to the pan, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed kasuri methi leaves and mix.
- Serve the Jain Style Paneer Makhani with chapati or naan.