Warm, moist and sinful – double chocolate chip muffins are every chocolate lover’s dream come true. This is a super easy one-bowl muffin recipe. I suggest making a double batch of these chocolate muffins as they disappear real fast.
If you’ve ever heard the saying “twice as nice”, you’d wonder if the creator intended to use it as a description for these delicious double chocolate chip muffins.
As the name suggests, these muffins have an extra serving of chocolate chips (who’s complaining?) which makes them extra-chocolatey, extra-indulgent, and perfect to delve into, whenever midnight dessert cravings hit.
Chocolate Chip Muffins are an anytime delight – serve them with a steaming cup of coffee, hot chocolate, or just as they are. They are the perfect picnic, potluck or a road trip dessert. In fact, little exposure to the heat makes the chocolate chunks on top so gooey and good.
Basics of Baking Double Chocolate Chip Muffins:
This is a one-bowl muffin recipe. The batter is the usual – butter, sugar, eggs and flour base.
Start with creaming the butter and sugar in a stand mixer or use a hand mixer. Slowly add the eggs once the sugar and butter look perfectly creamy. Do not whisk for too long after adding eggs.
Sift and the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, and salt. Gently fold the chocolate chips in the batter.
Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celcius for 10 minutes. Line muffin tray with paper cups or grease each cavity with butter.
Then, use a scoop (for uniform measurement) an equal amount of mix into each muffin cup. Fill each cup only 3/4th giving enough room for the muffin to rise.
Don’t forget to sprinkle a generous spoonful of chocolate chunks on top of each muffin.
Bake muffins for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Avoid over-baking the muffins as they might become dry.
Watch Step-By-Step Double Chocolate Chip Muffins Video:
Try these muffin recipes as well:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter softened (113 grams)
- 1/2 Cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 Cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 Cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 Cup dark milk chocolate chunks
- Preheat you oven to 375° F (190° C). Line muffin tray with paper liners and grease them with little butter or oil.
- Now cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl using a hand mixer at medium speed until creamy.
- Add one egg at a time and whisk for a minute or so each time.
- Now add the milk, vanilla essence to the liquid mixture. Once again whisk with the hand mixer until well combined approx. for 2 – 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a sieve. Sift over the liquid ingredient mixture. Add chocolate chips. Gently fold the batter using the spatula. Make sure there are no lumps or streaks remain in the batter.
- Scoop an equal amount of batter into the prepared muffin tray. Fill only 3/4 of each muffin cup. Top each muffin with chocolate chunks. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once baked transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool down for few minutes.
- Serve Double Chocolate Chip Muffins with a cup of coffee for that extra chocolaty flavour.
- Do not mix the batter for too long else muffin will become hard.
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before making the batter.
- You can use a stand mixer or gand mixer for making the muffin batter.
- From mint chocolate, white chocolate to dark chocolate, feel free to experiment with the flavor of these double chocolate chip muffins.
Hey there! I am Hina – a passionate Indian food blogger. If this is your first time visiting my blog, I’d recommend starting out by browsing our mega recipe index of hundreds of delicious recipes.