They are a perfect “anytime” chocolatey snack. If you like moist and airy muffins than trick is to beat your sugar and butter till it turns out creamy, light and doubles in size. It is always best to use an electric hand mixer for the purpose. Because if you doing it manually chances are there that the batter might not be whisked up uniformly. Trick number two is not to beat the eggs for a very long time. And at last, do not over mix the batter. Over whisking will incorporate more air than required in the muffin batter which will result in cracked and flat muffins. Enough of “muffin science” I have explained now it’s time for the recipe. But these little baking hacks have always helped me to bake a foolproof muffin/cake. And often as a novice baker we overlook these fine details of baking.
How To Make Double Chocolate Chip Muffins:
Try these muffin recipes as well:
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter softened (113 grams)
- 1/2 Cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 Cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 Cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 Cup dark milk chocolate chunks
- Preheat you oven to 375° F (190° C). Line muffin tray with paper liners and grease them with little butter or oil.
- Now cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl using a hand mixer at medium speed until creamy.
- Add one egg at a time and whisk for a minute or so each time.
- Now add the milk, vanilla essence to the liquid mixture. Once again whisk with the hand mixer until well combined approx. for 2 - 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a sieve. Sift over the liquid ingredient mixture. Add chocolate chips. Gently fold the batter using the spatula. Make sure there are no lumps or streaks remain in the batter.
- Scoop an equal amount of batter into the prepared muffin tray. Fill only 3/4 of each muffin cup. Top each muffin with chocolate chunks. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once baked transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool down for few minutes.
- Serve Double Chocolate Chip Muffins with a cup of coffee for that extra chocolaty flavour.
- Do not mix the batter for too long else muffin will become hard.
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before making the batter.
- You can use a stand mixer or gand mixer for making the muffin batter.
- From mint chocolate, white chocolate to dark chocolate, feel free to experiment with the flavor of these double chocolate chip muffins.