Broccoli Soup is a healthy, one-pot easy soup recipe. Mushroom and broccoli are a match made in heaven. When these two stirred up with a dash of garlic and peppercorns, they make a delicious bowl of creamy broccoli soup. This soup takes only 15 minutes in an instant pot.
Is Broccoli Soup Healthy?
Did you know? A cooked cup of broccoli provides Vitamin C equals to an orange. (Try my broccoli pesto, it’s pretty amazing too).
The mushrooms are also super-rich in vitamins and minerals. Hence, this mushroom broccoli soup is an excellent healthy dish that is low on calories too.
This is a dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free soup recipe. The desired creaminess in the soup comes from the button mushrooms and coconut milk.
The taste of the homemade soup is much better than the canned or store-bought ones. There is something therapeutic about making soup from scratch.
The flavor can be customized, and there is so much room to play with seasonal vegetables.
What You Need For Creamy Broccoli Soup…
The ingredient list fro broccoli soup is very simple and most of the ingredients are pantry staples.
Broccoli Florets – you can use fresh or frozen
Button Mushrooms – or any other white, fibrous mushrooms
Coconut Milk – for a nutty taste you can use almond milk or cashew milk or regular milk (if you are not vegan).
Vegetable Stock – you can use chicken stock as well.
Onion, Garlic (loads of it)
Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil
How To Serve Broccoli Soup?
The topping of extra virgin olive oil, toasted pumpkin seeds, and a slice of warm bread on the side makes this creamy broccoli soup picture perfect for the healthy weeknight dinner.
Here are a few side-dish suggestions to serve with this healthy soup:
More Soup Recipes For You:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a Star Rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Healthy Broccoli Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 2 Cup broccoli florets
- 1 Cup roughly chopped button mushrooms
- ½ Cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 Cup vegetable stock or water
- Salt to taste
- ½ Cup coconut milk
- Set the SAUTE Mode of IP for 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil, garlic, cumin seeds, and onion. Saute for a minute. No need to brown the onion or garlic.
- Next, add the chopped mushroom and saute for 2 – 3 minutes or till all the liquid oozed out from the mushrooms is evaporated.
- Add the broccoli florets. Saute the vegetables for a minute. Add stock or water, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Cancel the SAUTE Mode of IP.
- Close the lid of the IP. Set Pressure Cook Mode for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, open the lid, taste and if required, add more seasoning. Blend the soup to a smooth consistency.
- Once again transfer the soup to the IP. Set the SAUTE Mode for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk. Bring the soup to the simmer. Stir to combine. Adjust seasoning. Let the soup simmer till the IP beeps.
- Serve Broccoli Soup warm topped with toasted pumpkin seeds and a splash of coconut cream.
- You can make this soup in an instant pot or stovetop. Either way, it is a one-pot soup recipe.
- Instead of coconut milk you can use almond milk, cashew milk, or the regular milk if you are not vegan.
- Do not cook the soup for too long as we want to retain the nutrients of the vegetables.
- You can store the broccoli soup in the refrigerator for a week. Reheat it in a saucepan or microwave before serving. The color of the soup might change after a few days.
- If your blender is not heat resistant then allow the soup to cool down a bit before blending. You can blend it in small batches as well.
- I use an immersion blender to blend the soups in the IP itself. You can transfer the soup to a separate blender or Nutri Bullet for blending.