Chinese Bhel is a crispy, spicy, flavorsome Indo-Chinese street food. Crispy fried noodles are served as Chinese chaat or a crunchy salad. It has trucks of crispy fried noodles, colorful vegetables, and the bold schezwan sauce. Chinese Bhel is a kind of snack, you would want to munch while watching a favorite movie and drinking chilled beer. And don’t even talk about calories. Because this fried noodle salad is not for those who are on a skinny diet expedition.
How To Make Chinese Bhel in 20 Minutes:
Ways To Use Fried Noodles:
use them as topping for Chinese soups (manchow soup, sweet corn soup etc)
sprinkle them on Asian style salads for that extra crunch
prepare delicious Chinese chop suey using these fried noodles
add a handful of fried noodles on top of one-pot soupy meals
…….or just munch them just like that!
Looking For More Indo-Chinese Snack Recipes? Try these:
Watch Chinese Bhel Step-By-Step Video:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. It helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Chinese Bhel Recipe
Ingredients For Fried Noodles:
- 150 gram dried noodles
- Salt to taste
- 4 Cups refined oil (or any flavourless oil)
- Water to boil noodles
Ingredients For Chinese Bhel:
- 1 medium-size onion fine chopped
- 1 medium-size capsicum diced
- 1 Cup shredded cabbage (optional)
- 1 medium-size carrot thinly sliced
- half a bunch of coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoon spring onion, fine chopped
- 2 teaspoon schezwan sauce ( buy it here )
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How To Make Fried Noodles:
- Boil the noodles in hot water as per packet instructions. Add salt in water while boiling noodles. Drain water from the boiled noodles and wash it under cold water to prevent more cooking.
- Heat oil for deep-frying pan over high heat.
- Once the oil is preheated deep fry the boiled noodles in small batches till they turn crispy. Each batch takes 10 -15 minutes to get golden and crisp. Keep turning the noodles using tongs at regular intervals.
- Transfer fried noodles to a plate lined with paper towel and set aside. Similarly, fry all the noodles in small batches.
- Let the noodles sit on an oil absorbing paper for 10 - 15 minutes.
How To Make Chinese Bhel:
- Gently crush the noodles to get the bite size pieces.
- Into a large bowl stir in all the chopped vegetables, sauces and the fried noodles.
- Combine all the ingredients together. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve Chinese Bhel immediately.
- If you don't want to use fried noodles immediately, allow them to cool down and store in an airtight box at room temperature for 2 - 3 days.
- After combining sauces, vegetables and fried noodles, serve Chaat immediately else noodles lose their crunchiness and turn soggy.