Chinese Bhel is a spicy, flavorsome Indo-Chinese flavor crispy noodle chaat. It has trucks of crispy fried noodles, colorful vegetables, and bold sweet chilli sauce. Chinese Bhel is a perfect munching snack for movie nights or cocktail parties.
The flavors of this Indian Chinese Chaat are quite balanced and have the right amount of sweetness along with the spiciness. It is truly a kaleidoscope of colors.
Snacks like this fried noodle chaat add so much variety to the appetizer menu. It is always on my list of best Indo-Chinese party recipes.
The popular Indo-Chinese cuisine barely has any salads. So whenever you think of interesting side-dishes to serve with the other appetizers this fried noodle salad or the Chinese Chicken Salad is a fantastic choice.
The quickest and easiest way to make this Chinese Bhel in a flick of a second is to fry a large batch of noodles and store them.
That is right, you can keep the crispy noodles in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week. And they remain equally crunchy and fresh.
Usually, when I am planning to make crispy noodles chaat for parties, fried noodles are prepared 1 – 2 days in advance.
Last-minute, simply toss the noodles in seasoning along with chopped vegetables. And a delicious party snack is ready in less than 20 minutes.
For flavoring the Chinese Bhel I use homemade sweet chili sauce. It is a flavor bomb with the hotness of red chilies, the sweetness of sugar, the flavor of garlic, and the sourness of vinegar.
You can make the sweet chili sauce 1 week before and store in the refrigerator for months.
Ways To Use Fried Noodles
Use them as topping for Chinese soups (manchow soup, sweet corn soup, etc)
Prepare delicious Chinese chop suey using fried noodles
add a handful of fried noodles on top of one-pot soupy meals
…….or just munch them just like that!
Watch Chinese Bhel Recipe Video
More Indo-Chinese Snack Recipes
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Chinese Bhel Recipe
- Deep Frying Pan
- Salad Mixing Bowl
Ingredients For Fried Noodles:
- 150 gram dry Hakka noodles
- Salt to taste
- 4 Cup refined oil (or any flavourless oil)
- 6 Cup Water to boil noodles
Ingredients For Chinese Bhel:
- 1 Cup onion, fine chopped
- 1 Cup capsicum diced
- 1 Cup shredded cabbage (optional)
- 1 Cup carrot thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup chopped coriander
- 1/4 Cup spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce (see recipe)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How To Make Fried Noodles:
- Boil the noodles in hot water as per packet instructions. Add salt in water while boiling noodles. Drain water from the boiled noodles and wash it under cold water to prevent more cooking.
- Heat oil for deep-frying pan over high heat.
- Once the oil is preheated deep fry the boiled noodles in small batches till they turn crispy. Each batch takes 10 -15 minutes to get golden and crisp. Keep turning the noodles using tongs at regular intervals.
- Transfer fried noodles to a plate lined with paper towel and set aside. Similarly, fry all the noodles in small batches.
- Let the noodles sit on an oil absorbing paper for 10 – 15 minutes.
How To Make Chinese Bhel:
- Gently crush the noodles to get the bite size pieces. Into a large bowl stir in all the chopped vegetables, sauces, and the fried noodles.
- Combine all the ingredients together. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve Chinese Bhel immediately.
- If you don’t want to use fried noodles immediately, allow them to cool down and store in an airtight box at room temperature for 2 – 3 days.
- After combining sauces, vegetables and fried noodles, serve Chaat immediately else noodles lose their crunchiness and turn soggy.