Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Pasta is a creamy, delicious, one-pot pasta recipe that is ready in under 30 minutes. It is a perfect family dinner idea for busy weeknights loaded with broccoli and chicken.
Yes, you can cook delicious pasta in one pot itself. No need of boiling the pasta separately or making the sauce in a pan.
In this chicken broccoli pasta, all the cooking from scratch (including sauteeing broccoli) is done in an instant pot.
From prep work till cooking, this one-pot pasta takes less than 30 minutes. That means less time cooking/cleaning, and more time for enjoying the pasta dinner.
Also, if you are looking for ways to feed broccoli to the family then this pasta recipe is perfect for you. This is my second favorite broccoli recipe after one-pot broccoli soup.
Here are the ingredients you need to make instant pot chicken broccoli pasta:
Elbow Pasta: Use uncooked pasta of any shape you like.
Broccoli: Fresh broccoli florets are the best for this pasta recipe.
Chicken: Use boneless, skinless, bite-size chicken pieces
Cream: I have used heavy cream. Feel free to use milk
Stock: Chicken or veg stock gives so much flavor to the sauce
Garlic & Onion: I love their flavor in the pasta sauce
Cheese: Any pulling pleasure kinda cheese like Emmental, mozzarella, cheddar works for this one-pot pasta
Fresh Basil: Use parsley, or cilantro if basil is not available
Other Ingredients: Olive Oil, Oregano, Chilli Flakes, Salt
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Pasta
Chicken Broccoli Pasta is easy to make instant pot pasta recipe. Follow this step-by-step guide:
Saute Broccoli: Set the IP to SAUTE Mode for 5 minutes. Add olive oil and saute the broccoli florets till they are al-dente and slightly roasted. This takes 1 – 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Make Sauce: Next, add garlic, onion, and chicken. Saute for a minute or till the chicken turns pale white in color. Add stock, cream, cheese, seasoning, salt, and stir nicely.
Cook Pasta: Add uncooked pasta to the sauce. Stir to mix. Close the lid of IP. Set PRESSURE Cook mode for 5 minutes. Let pasta cook in the creamy sauce.
Final Touch: Once pasta is cooked, add sauteed broccoli, fresh basil and mix nicely. Chicken Broccoli Pasta is ready to serve!
This chicken broccoli pasta is highly customizable. Here are a few of my add-on suggestions:
Vegetables: From green peas, kale, zucchini, red peppers, to sun-dried tomato and cherry tomato, you can add any fresh or frozen vegetable of your choice in the pasta along with broccoli.
Meat: If you are a seafood lover add shrimps instead of chicken or add diced sausages or crispy bacon along with the chicken.
Cheese: This is a cheese-friendly pasta recipe. From Gouda, Cheddar, Parmesan, to soft Mozarella or Goat Cheese, any of these works perfectly for this pasta recipe.
For wholesome family dinner, you can serve broccoli pasta with:
More Pasta Recipes For You
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a Star Rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot
1 Cup = 250 ml
1 tablespoon = 15 ml
- 200 gram uncooked elbow pasta (macaroni)
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Cup broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- ½ Cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Cup (200 gram) boneless, skinless chicken pieces
- 1 Cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- ¼ Cup grated cheese (any hard cheese)
- ½ Cup fresh basil leaves
- Set the IP to SAUTE Mode for 5 minutes. Add olive oil and saute the broccoli florets till they are al-dente and slightly roasted. This takes 1 – 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Next, add garlic, onion, and chicken. Saute for a minute or till chicken is pale white in color and tender. Add stock, cream, cheese, seasoning, salt, and stir nicely.
- Add uncooked pasta in the sauce. Stir to mix. Close the lid of IP. Set PRESSURE Cook mode for 5 minutes. Let pasta cook in the creamy sauce. In 5 minutes, you will get the al dente pasta. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes more if you need slightly more cooked pasta.
- Once pasta is cooked, add sauteed broccoli, fresh basil, and mix nicely. Taste the sauce at this stage and adjust seasoning accordingly. Chicken Broccoli Pasta is ready to serve! Do not cook pasta after adding broccoli or basil.
- Serve chicken broccoli pasta with focaccia bread or salad for dinner.
- Use boneless, skinless, bite-size chicken pieces for even cooking.
- If you are using frozen broccoli, thaw it at room temperature or as per packet instructions before using for making the pasta.
- You can use full-fat milk or dairy-free nut milk as well to make the sauce.
- You can store broccoli pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 – 3 days. Reheat in a microwave before serving.