Chili Oil Noodles are the quick, easy, and the most trending Tik Tok style noodles recipe hack. It requires less than 20 minutes to make these flavorsome vegetarian noodles. Minimal cooking time and the mega bomb flavors are the highlights of this Korean drama-style chilli garlic noodles.
Trending Noodles Recipe
Usually, I do not fall for social media trending recipe hacks. Whether it was Dalgona Coffee or Baked Feta Pasta, none of these recipe hacks made it to my recipe journal.
But these chili oil noodles recipe videos on Tik Tok and Instagram Reel got me hooked.
The final result looks utterly delicious on-screen packed with sweet, spicy, garlicky flavors. Second, the cooking method was so intriguing and inviting. I couldn’t resist the temptation and fell for this chili oil noodles recipe.
The recipe is inspired by the Chinese cooking technique of releasing the aroma of ingredients by pouring piping hot oil.
My Reasons To LOVE Chili Oil Noodles
vegetarian and vegan
highly customizable recipe
so flavorsome and delicious
easy, quick, and fulfilling meal
minimal cooking and ingredients
What You Need
Here is the list of all the items and ingredients you need to make chili oil noodles:
Equipment: Saucepan, Mixing Bowl, Stovetop/Induction/Hot Plate
Noodles: The perfect choice of noodles for this recipe are – hand-cut noodles, thick wheat noodles, udon noodles, egg noodles, or any variety of instant noodles. The noodles need to be boiled and fully cooked.
Boiled Noodles Water: It helps in emulsifying the sauce and adds a layer of starch to it.
Spices: Red Chili Flakes and Garlic are the two flavoring ingredients. Adjust the quantity as er your taste preference.
Sauces: Peanut Butter, Soy Sauce (light or dark)
Sesame Oil: The hot sesame oil does all the magic in this chili oil noodles recipe.
Add-Ons: Sesame Seeds, Spring Onion, Cilantro
How To Make
Making chilli garlic noodles is an utterly simple process. But the cooking method is totally different from the usual wok-fried chilli noodles.
Step 1) Boil the noodles in hot water till al-dente or cooked as per your liking. Reserve 1/4 cup of boiled noodles water.
Step 2) Mix flavoring ingredients in a bowl (sauces, spices, salt). Add hot boiled noodles water and whisk nicely to combine.
Step 3) Heat oil in a small pan and pour over the sauce. There will be lot of sizzling and bubbling, stir to combine the ingredients.
Step 4) Add boiled noodles, add on ingredients, and toss in the garlic chili oil sauce.
Chili Oil Noodles are best served piping hot. You can add stir-fry bok choi or egg on noodles to make them more wholesome.
If you are serving these noodles cold or storing them in the refrigerator, I highly recommend adding more sesame oil before serving and toss the noodles nicely. Cold noodles might turn sticky and a layer of starch/cold oil will form on each noodles.
Add a drizzle of sesame oil and reheat chili oil noodles in a microwave for 2 – 3 minutes.
More Quick Dinner Recipes
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Chili Oil Noodles Recipe
- 200 gram noodles
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup boiled noodles water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup sesame oil
- 1/4 Cup spring onion
- 1/4 Cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (white til)
- Combine red chili flakes, garlic, peanut butter, salt, and soy sauce in bowl.
- Boil noodles in 4 cups of water and a teaspoon of salt till cooked as per your liking. Try not to overcook the noodles. Once noodles are cooked, reserve 1/4 cup of cooking water, and transfer the noodles to a colander.
- Pour noodles cooking water in the chili garlic sauce and whisk to combine.
- Heat sesame oil in a small pan till it is piping hot. Pour hot oil in the chili garlic sauce, there will be lot of bubbling , so be careful. Whisk to emulsify the sauce.
- Add boiled noodles to the sauce and toss to coat them with the chilli oil. Add fresh greens, sesame seeds and toss once again.
- Serve Chili Oil Noodles warm or cold.
- Hand-cut thick noodles or udon noodles are a great choice for this recipe.
- Try not to overcook the noodles. Mushy or sticky noodles will not give you the right results.
- Add salt cautiously as peanut butter, soy sauce already has a lot of salt in them.
- Make sure the oil is hot enough before adding to the chili and garlic sauce. Cold oil or less hot oil will not give you the desired results.