This Summer Pasta Salad is loaded with pineapple, cucumber, olives and a light creamy dressing. We love eating this pasta salad for lunch or dinner. It is good for any summer meal. After all, the Delhi heat is almost killing us and we are sticking to no-cook, easy to prepare D-I-Y meals such as this summer pasta salad. You can make it in advance and let it sit in the fridge. During the hot summer afternoon, it is so comforting to have a light pasta salad for lunch along with a glass of chilled iced tea or mint lemonade. This creamy summer pasta salad takes my favorite summer ingredients and turns them into a delicious meal.
The addition of pineapple cubes provides a fruity dimension to this summer pasta salad. The tropical flavor in this pasta salad is perfect for the summer season – so refreshing and juicy at the same time. When it comes to pineapple you can use either the canned pineapple cubes or the fresh one. Either way, the end result is delicious. But fresh pineapple cubes need to be added just before combining the dressing as it might turn bitter. There is no such possibility with the canned pineapple as it is preserved in a sugary syrup.
Creamy Summer Pasta Salad is the perfect recipe for a summer potluck or the office lunchbox. It transports well and can be made in advance. Just allow it to get chilled for the flavors to develop. The textures and flavors make this salad absolutely irresistible. I have prepared this pasta salad repeatedly from past from one year and it has always dwelled me compliments from the loved ones. It is not that complicated to fall in love with this tropical summer pasta salad. It’s a lovely and fresh salad that just sings of summer. And when combined with fresh pineapple cubes? Well, I don’t know if it gets any better than that.
How to make creamy summer pasta salad in 30 minutes:
- 200 gram farfalle pasta
- 1 small-size capsicum diced
- 1 medium-size cucumber diced
- 1/2 Cup cherry tomato cut into halves
- 1 medium-size onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup green olives sliced
- 1/2 Cup pineapple cubes canned or fresh
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup pineapple juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain, then rinse with cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, capsicum, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and olives.
- To prepare the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk using a fork until nicely emulsified or combined.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Add the pineapple cubes.
- Gently mix to coat the salad with the dressing.
- Let the salad sit in the fridge for atleast 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve Creamy Summer Pasta Salad chilled for lunch or evening snacks.