Making lemon iced tea is easy, and endlessly adaptable: you can brew it light or strong, drink it unsweetened or sweetened. Once you’ve got the basic iced tea perfect, you can start getting creative. And make your iced tea more interesting with the added flavor of fruits, juices, and nectarines.
During the summer season, there is nothing more refreshing than a chilled glass of lemon iced tea. What I like most about the iced tea prepared at home is you can control the amount of sweetness.
Unlike the packaged one which is loaded with preservatives and artificial sweeteners. It is always best to brew your own crystal light lemon iced tea at home. It is fun and an absolute thirst quencher.
I am nearly obsessed with iced tea. During the season, a pitcher full of this goodness is always sitting in my fridge. I love to sip that golden-colored hue while watching the sunset, almost similar colors are smeared all over the horizon.
For those who think making iced tea at home is utterly complex – let me prove you wrong. It requires less than 20 minutes to prepare basic iced tea to perfection. And don’t worry about the steeping process it is stupidly simple and requires minimal time near the gas stove.
There is only one thing that can go wrong while making an iced tea – steeping the tea for too long. Anywhere between 2 – 3 minutes is a good enough time to steep a strong iced tea.
Never, ever boil the tea leaves in water. For the perfect color and taste, all you need to do is steep the tea leaves in the warm water. If you want a less strong iced tea, then keep the brew time, less than a minute.
Simple and hassle-free being our watchwords for the summer, iced teas can easily be produced in big batches for friends, for parties, or simply to last you for the week. They also look really attractive (as well as tickling the taste buds!).
Use good organic honey to sweeten your iced tea. Or if you don’t bother about the calories then use sugar. You can totally customize it as per your preference. Like, make orange iced tea or mango iced tea with the addition of fruit flavors.
Watch Lemon Iced Tea Recipe Video:
More Summer Drink Recipes For You:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Lemon Iced Tea
- 2 teaspoon tea (chai patti)
- 4 glasses of water
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Honey/sugar to taste
Ingredients To Serve Lemon Iced Tea:
- lemon slices
- few fresh mint leaves
- ice cubes
- Boil four cups of water in a saucepan. Add sugar (if using) and stir to dissolve it. Turn off the heat.
- Add the tea leaves or the tea bags. Cover the pan with a lid. Allow the tea to steep for a minute or as per your taste preference.
- Remove the tea bags and filter the brewed tea. Allow the liquid to cool down. You can keep brewed tea in the fridge to cool down.
- Add the lemon juice and sweeten the iced tea using honey (if not using sugar) according to your taste.
- Stir in the ice cubes. Add freshly cut lemon slices and mint leaves for some fresh flavor. Serve lemon iced tea chilled.
- You can use tea bags as well instead of loose tea leaves.
- You can increase or decrease the steeping or brewing time of the tea according to your taste preference. The longer tea is steeped the stronger will be the taste of iced tea. I prefer steeping tea for less than a minute.
- If you are using sugar as a sweetener, it is important to dissolve it in boiling water before adding tea leaves/tea bags.
- If you are not keen on adding white sugar, then use honey to sweeten the iced tea.