Here is the recipe for how to make Mixed Beans Salad:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
- 1/2 cup Red Kidney beans
- 1/2 cup Soya Beans
- 1/2 cup Black Eyed Beans
- 2 - 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 capsicum finely chopped
- 6 - 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 - 5 spring onion greens chopped
- Half bunch of coriander leaves finely chopped
- To begin making the Mixed Beans Salad, first soak the beans for 5 - 6 hours in enough water. Next cook the soaked beans with approximately 1 Cup of water, salt and garlic cloves in the pressure cooker. Place the weight on and allow the beans cook over medium heat for five to six whistles. Allow the pressure to release naturally as the beans will continue to cook under the existing pressure.
- Once beans are done, open the pressure cooker (buy it here) and drain the excess liquid. Allow the beans to cool completely.
- To prepare the dressing for the salad. Add all the ingredients for dressing in a bottle with the lid. Tightly close the lid and shake the bottle so all the ingredients get well combined.
- To prepare the salad, in a salad bowl (buy it here) combine all the chopped vegetables along with the cooked beans. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss.
- Serve the Mixed Bean Salad immediately along with warm toasted bread or refrigerate it and serve it when you are ready to eat.