This is a tropical style pineapple salad. The fresh pineapple, avocado, peppers, and cucumber come together to create a bowl of colorful summer salad. You can call it pineapple salsa as well. Whatever be the name I am in love with this gluten-free, vegan summer goodness.
During the summer season, we literally survive on salads and smoothies. And probably these two are the best ways to include tons of seasonal fruits in the summer diet.
I love summer fruits in my salad. The sweetness and juices of seasonal fruits such as mango, strawberry, pineapple give any salad a refreshing punch.
Pineapple Salad is one such summer favorite salad. It has a tropical feel and flavor to it.
This fruit salad is so easy to make, perfect for BBQ parties, potluck, outdoor picnic and requires no dressing at all.
Salad vs. Salsa
There is always a debate in my family whether this is a salad or salsa. I like to call it pineapple salsa because I can scoop it with the nachos. I find it very similar to mango salsa or tomato salsa.
My husband finds it closer to a salad. According to him, the diced fruits and vegetables are far from salsa and remind him of a good tropical salad.
Don’t forget to tell me in the comments section what you like to call it.
You can customize this pineapple salad as per personal preference by adding:
stir-fry boneless chicken
fresh, diced mangoes
shredded salad leaves or herbs
I LOVE to enjoy pineapple salad in a variety of ways.
salsa for nachos or any other fried snacks
side-dish for grilled chicken, or meats
tucked inside the tacos or tortilla wraps
More Salad Recipes For You:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a Star Rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Tropical Pineapple Salad Recipe
- 2 Cup finely chopped pineapple
- 1 Cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Cup chopped avocado
- 1 Cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or brown sugar or stevia
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or coriander
- Wash the red bell pepper. Wipe it with a clean towel. Roast the bell pepper over the direct gas flame/oven/grill till black charred marks appear on the skin of the pepper. Allow to cool down completely and then finely chop.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Combine salt, pepper flakes, honey, lemon juice, and olive oil. Whisk to combine all the ingredients nicely. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Combine chopped pineapple, roasted bell pepper, cucumber, avocado in a salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss the salad gently in the dressing. Keep in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Use sweet and fully ripe pineapple for making the salad. You can use the tinned or canned pineapple slices as well.
- If you are using tinned pineapple, taste and then add the honey in salad accordingly.
- If red pepper flakes are not available use one finely minced fresh red chili (discard the seeds).
- Let the salad sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary according to the ingredients used.