Loaded Vegetarian Nachos are one of my favourite party snacks. Crispy tortilla chips layered with salsa, veggies, sour cream, and loads of cheese, baked to perfection. Be sure to watch the video!
What is ‘Loaded Nachos’?
Imagine your favourite crunchy tortilla chips topped with fresh tomato salsa, guacamole, refried beans, roasted veggies, sour cream, and cheese. That is loaded nachos – a real outburst of Mexican flavours!
Loaded Nachos is an appetiser perfect for large gatherings or as a family sharing platters.
More Reasons to LOVE Loaded Nachos
- perfect for game nights or backyard bbq
- requires less than 30 minutes
- possible vegan, gluten-free
- highly customizable
- crowd-friendly snack
Key Layers Of Vegetarian Nachos
Nachos: This recipe uses the best available crisp plain nachos or tortilla chips.
Guacamole: Another key Mexican dip essential for vegetarian nachos is – guacamole. If you are out of guacamole, use chopped ripe avocado. Or any other dipping sauce loaded with the flavour of fresh herbs.
Vegetables: I have used corn salsa – a mix of corn, cucumber, onion, and bell peppers for this loaded nachos platter. Feel free to use any of your favourite veggies to top the nachos.
Cheese: Cheddar or Gouda Cheese work perfectly for these veggie nachos. You can combine any of your favourite cheese varieties to make a gooey and cheesy platter of nachos.
Other Ingredients: Sour Cream, Lemon Juice, Jalapeno Peppers or Green Chilli, Refried Beans, Black olive, Fresh Parsley, or Cilantro.
Loaded Nachos – Recipe Variations
It is a D-I-Y snack recipe where each layer can be customized to one’s liking and preference.
So next time, have fun making the loaded nachos, arrange all the toppings on the table and involve your family and friends to build their favourite platter of loaded nachos.
- Meat/Seafood Nachos: From shredded chicken, ground beef, and crockpot chicken to grilled shrimp, all taste heavenly on top of the nachos.
- Beans: You can layer nachos with refried beans, baked beans, black beans, or simple canned beans.
- Grilled Veggies: Rather than adding plain chopped veggies layer the nachos with grilled corn, onion, and peppers. The smokey flavour of the grilled veggies makes the nachos more delectable.
Meal Prep For Veggie Nachos
Prepare the salsa and guacamole a few hours beforehand and store it in the refrigerator. This way, the flavour of salsa is enhanced, and a lot of time is saved too.
If you are planning to use refried beans as one of the layers. Make a batch one day in advance.
Keep the freshly chopped herbs, lemon wedges, sour cream, and extra virgin olive oil in separate bowls on the serving table.
Let the guests garnish their nachos as per their preference.
Watch Loaded Nachos Video
FAQs Related To Loaded Nachos
It is not recommended. Once the layers are added to the nacho chips, they absorb moisture and become soggy. Hence, it is best to make them fresh and serve them immediately.
Yes, you can in the refrigerator. But after some time, the nachos become soft and gooey. They do not remain crisp.
Arrange the loaded nachos on a baking sheet. And reheat in the oven for 3 – 5 minutes. Do not leave loaded nachos in the oven for too long, as the layers of veggies, beans, and cheese will start burning.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach other food lovers like you.
Loaded Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the nacho chips in a single layer on the baking sheet. Try use the baking tray that can be used for serving as well.
- Layer the corn salsa or veggies over the nacho chips. Top it with refried beans, and grated cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 – 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Layer fresh salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and cilantro over the melted cheese.
- Prepare the salsa and guacamole a few hours beforehand and store it in the refrigerator.
- Keep the freshly chopped herbs, lemon wedges, sour cream, and extra virgin olive oil in separate bowls on the serving table.
- Do not leave loaded nachos in the oven for too long as the layers of chips, beans, and cheese will start burning.
- It is best to make loaded nachos fresh and serve immediately. Once the layers are added on top of the chips they are turning soggy.