Mango Dip is a creamy sweet and spicy dipping sauce made from ripe mangoes and chili. It is a vegan, gluten-free and under 15 -minute dip recipe that is perfect for the summer season. Serve mango dip with fried snacks or potato wedges as a delicious party snack.
Mangoes are such delicious fruit. They’re also super versatile. Its classic tropical scent, sweet taste and slight notes of tanginess make it an excellent summer ingredient to experiment.
If you’re wondering how you can use mangoes as an ingredient in more than one way to make the most of its rich flavor, you’re at the right place. Try these best mango recipes this summer season.
The smooth mango dipping sauce has elements of sweetness, a wee bit of tanginess, and a pleasant sharpness to it provided by red chili. This mango dip is truly a tropical delight.
Picking Perfect Mangoes…
Choosing the right mangoes for this dipping sauce is a vital step – all the undertones of the dip depend on this. There are so many varieties of mangoes available globally.
Tropical nations like the Philippines, California, Thailand, and the Indian subcontinent produce amazingly ripe and sweet mangoes.
But there are also canned versions available worldwide throughout the year. Both fresh and canned mangoes can be used for this mango chili sauce recipe. However, canned mangoes come with a lot of sugar syrup so the taste of the mango hot sauce might differ.
A ripe mango can easily be picked based on its smell. The skin is smooth and yellow and doesn’t have too many black patches. The scent of a ripe mango is almost overpoweringly sweet – it is also the factor that helps one differentiate between a perfectly ripened or raw mango.
Picking Perfect Chilies…
Bright, red chilies are perfect for this mango sauce. Dry red chili flakes or red chili powder works as well. One can even use habanero peppers or bird’s chili for extra spice (definitely not for the faint-hearted). The number of chilies depends on how mild or hot you want your chili sauce to be.
How To Serve Mango Dip?
Use as a dipping sauce with fried snacks, crackers, or grilled meat skewers.
Use as a creamy mango salad dressing with fresh crunchy veggies, lean meat, and greens.
Use as a spread for sandwiches, or even just to dunk pieces of veggies in, and munch on a hot summer day.
Love Mango Dip? Try these mango recipes:
For more such fun recipes in your life subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Mango Dip Recipe
- 2 Cup ripe mango pulp
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic, roughly smashed
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 whole red chili, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
Ingredients For Garnish:
- 1/4 Cup diced mango pulp
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander or parsley
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the garlic cloves and saute for a minute. Turn off the heat. We want the oil to be infused with the garlic flavor. Allow to cool down completely.
- In a blender combine mango pulp, red chili, red chili flakes, salt, honey or maple syrup, lemon juice and garlic with olive oil. Blend to a smooth consistency. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Transfer mango dip to a bowl or store in the fridge in an air-tight container.
- Before serving, garnish mango dip with diced mango pulp, red chili flakes, and cilantro.
- Serve mango dip chilled or at room temperature with crackers or snack of your choice.
- Skip honey or maple syrup if you are using canned mangoes.
- Adjust the amount of sweetener as per the taste of mangoes and the heat of red chilies.
- Do not add hot garlic oil in the dip. Allow the garlic infused oil to cool down completely before combining with other ingredients.
- Do not use water while blending the dip to get the desired consistency. Instead, use olive oil.
- Mango Dip can be stored in the fridge for 10 – 15 days. Store in a clean and dry container.