This mango dip is a sweet and spicy dipping sauce with a delectable combination of mangoes and chilies. It is a gluten-free dip recipe that takes less than 20 minutes.
Mangoes are such a delicious fruit. Its classic tropical scent, sweet taste, and slight notes of tanginess make it an excellent summer ingredient to experiment with.
If you’re wondering how you can use mangoes as an ingredient in more than one way to make the most of its rich flavor, you’re at the right place. Try these best mango recipes this summer season.
This spicy mango dip smooth mango has elements of sweetness, a wee bit of tanginess, and a pleasant sharpness of hot chilies. It is a perfect dipping sauce for the summer season.
More Reasons To LOVE Mango Dip
meal prep friendly
requires no cooking at all
possible vegan and gluten-free
perfect for summer picnic or BBQ
Mango: Sweet, ripe mango pulp is perfect for making this dip. You can use canned mango pulp as well.
Chilies: Use mild to medium-hot green chilies. Discard the seeds if you do not want to make the dip too spicy. You can also use a combination of red and green chilies.
Herbs: Fresh basil, mint, cilantro, or parsley add great flavor and a hint of freshness to the dip.
Honey: You can substitute it with maple syrup or stevia for a vegan version.
Other Ingredients: Red Chili Flakes, Garlic, Salt, Lemon Juice, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Picking Perfect Mangoes
Choosing the right mangoes for this dipping sauce is a vital step – all the undertones of the dip depend on this.
The skin of a ripe mango is smooth and yellow and doesn’t have too many black patches. The scent of a ripe mango is almost overpoweringly sweet – it is also the factor that helps one differentiate between a perfectly ripe and raw mango.
Tropical nations like the Philippines, California, Thailand, and the Indian subcontinent produce amazingly ripe and sweet mangoes. They are perfect for making this mango dip.
How To Make
Making mango dip is a fuss-free, no-cook process.
Step 1) Add all the ingredients to a blender or to a food processor with the blade attachment.
Step 2) Blend or pulse for a few seconds to get the creamiest mango dip ever.
How To Serve
Mango Dip is a perfect sauce for fried snacks, crackers, or grilled meat skewers. You can also use it as a salad dressing.
Another way to use it is as a spread for sandwiches or even to dip pieces of veggies in and munch on a hot summer day.
More Mango Recipes
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach other food lovers like you.
Mango Dip Recipe
- 1 Cup mango pulp (see Note 1)
- ¼ Cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a blender combine mango pulp, chili, garlic, chili flakes, salt, honey or maple syrup, lemon juice, and olive oil. Blend to a smooth consistency. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Garnish mango dip with diced mango pulp, red chili flakes, and cilantro.
- Mango Dip is ready to serve.
- Serve mango dip chilled or at room temperature with crackers or a snack of your choice. Store it in refrigerator for 5 – 7 days.
- NOTE 1) You can use fresh or canned mangoes to make this mango chili sauce recipe. You need ripe, sweet, soft mango pulp.
- Substitute honey with maple syrup for a vegan dip.
- Adjust the amount of sweetener as per the taste of mangoes and the heat of red chilies.
- Do not use water while blending the dip. Instead, use olive oil.