Pineapple Fried Rice is totally a flavorsome quick weeknight dinner. How quick if you ask me? With cooked rice and diced pineapple sitting in the fridge, the final dish is on the table in 30 minutes. It is gluten-free, vegan and totally vegetarian. Aren’t these reasons good enough to give pineapple fried recipe a try?
When it comes to planning a weekly menu, for weekdays I stick to dishes that are easy to prepare and provide the much-required comfort to the taste buds.
I have tons of such easy Indian recipes on the blog that makes a perfect quick weeknight dinner. Usually, to make a fulfilling meal of pineapple fried rice I serve it with a half-fried egg. That is the best combination! If you haven’t tried it yet, now is the time.
During the weekend or when I am hosting a party, this special pineapple fried rice is served with Thai Red Chicken Curry. Because I feel pineapple fried rice with pineapple chicken curry is tad too much overdose of pineapple for a single course.
The tinned pineapple slices are a big no for this recipe. Why? Because they are way too sweet without any natural tartness to them. A fresh and ripe pineapple is always a good choice for the pineapple fried rice and pineapple chicken curry.
Peeling and cutting pineapple at home might be a bit difficult, at least for me it is. So I stick to neatly cut and packed pineapple slices available at the supermarket. They make using pineapple on a routine basis so much easier. Simply unpack them and add to your smoothies, raita, curries, and rice.
If you thinking whether to pack pineapple fried rice in the lunchbox or not? It tastes fantastic in the lunchbox too. I have tried that personally for the husband’s lunchbox and he totally loved it.
During the spring and summer season, we all look forward to such light and refreshing meals, this pineapple recipe would be a perfect addition to your summer meal planning.
Watch Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe Video:
More Pineapple Recipes For You:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 Cup cooked white rice
- 1 Cup chopped pineapple
- 2 white stalk of spring onion, fine chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic fine chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli fine chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil or any cooking oil
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add the chopped garlic and stir fry over high heat for 10 – 20 seconds.
- Next add the onion and red chilli. Quickly stir fry till the onion turn soft.
- Add the pineapple cubes along with salt, pepper, vinegar and soy sauce. Stir-fry for a minute.
- Next add the cooked rice. Stir to combine nicely. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes for rice to absorb flavor.
- Garnish pineapple fried rice with spring onion greens.
- Serve Pineapple Fried Rice with Thai Red Chicken Curry ( see recipe ).
Also, do not cook the pineapple for too long. The moment it starts releasing juices add the cooked rice.
Any long or short grain rice steamed is good enough for this recipe.