Pad Thai Sauce…
The secret of any delicious pad thai noodle is the – delectable sauce. It has to have a real outburst of flavours – sweet, spicy, tangy and sour. And no readymade sauce can deliver all those flavours in one dish. That is the reason I stick to my homemade pad thai sauce. It is super simple to prepare and takes the flavour of noodles to just another level of deliciousness. The best part of this sauce is it can be stored in the fridge for a week.
Pad Thai Noodles…
Chicken Pad Thai…
Everything about this chicken pad thai screams deliciousness. Though it takes me 30 minutes to get it on the table its gone in less than 15 minutes. We all need such quick and comforting recipes in our life. This pad noodles recipe is also easily customizable as well:
If you love Asian flavours, then try these recipes:
Chicken Pad Thai - one of the best way to eat rice noodles with tons of vegetables and chicken. Learn how to make pad thai noodles in a few simple steps.
- 200 gram dry pad Thai noodles/sticks
- 100 gram boneless chicken, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 medium-size onion thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves fine chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon tamarind pulp/paste
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoon roasted and crushed peanuts
- Juice of one whole lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion greens
- 1 tablespoon mung (moong) bean sprouts
Place rice noodles in a large flat bowl. Pour boiling water over the noodles. Cover the bowl with a lid. After 5 minutes, open the lid and gently soak the noodles in water and cover the bowl once again. Open the lid exactly after 5 minutes.
Transfer the softened noodles into a colander. Drain all the liquid. Quickly rinse with cold/running water.
Combine all the ingredients for sauce in a bowl. Whisk nicely until well combined. Taste and adjust the amount of sugar/red chilli sauce as per your preference. Set aside.
Toss chicken strips in 2 tablespoons of pad thai sauce and mix nicely. Set aside.
Heat oil in a wok or stir-fry pan. Add chopped garlic. Stir-fry for a minute.
- Add sliced onion and fry them for a minute or so. Keep the gas flame from medium-high.
Next, add the marinated chicken strips. And stir-fry till the chicken is tender and cooked. This does not take more than 5 - 10 minutes.
Add remaining vegetable and stir-fry for another 2 – 3 minutes. Add rice noodles, remaining pad thai sauce, half of the roasted peanuts and gently combine the ingredients.
Transfer chicken pad thai to a serving bowl. Sprinkle remaining roasted peanuts, spring onion greens, mung bean sprouts and lemon juice.
Serve Chicken Pad Thai warm immediately.
- Do not leave the rice stocks/noodles in the warm water for a very long time. Approximately 10 - 15 minutes is the good enough time or keep on checking them for doneness.
- Do not toss the noodles vigorously else they will break apart.
- For a more intense flavour, chicken can be marinated 1 - 2 hour before and kept in the fridge.
- Chicken Pad Thai is best enjoyed fresh and warm. It may not taste the same after a few hours.
- Always, taste the pad thai sauce and add more sugar/sauces/salt accordingly.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
***PIN IT FOR LATER***