Popsicles are the new buzz this summer in my kitchen. And the mint pineapple popsicles are topping the flavor chart so far. The sweetness and tartness of pineapple combined with the freshness of mint create a flavor bomb. You need 5 ingredients – pineapple, mint, juice, sugar and chaat masala, to make these delicious pineapple popsicles.
One bite of these mint pineapple popsicles and you will be reminded of kala khatta – a familiar Indian flavor which is hard to describe in words. A flavor that is so close to my heart.
So for anyone else who loves the combination of sweet and sour – I’m happy to report that these pineapple popsicles are both tasty and energizing. And just basically delightful.
The tartness of pineapple is perfectly pitched with little sweetness and spiciness. Its strong flavor can be overwhelming at the first bite. Then slowly you start liking it and finally craving for the second round of popsicles. It is positively intoxicating.
Also, get hold of a good popsicle mold. And then life is sorted at least for the summers. You can blend favorite flavor combinations of your choice and keep ‘popping’.
Once you’ve tracked down the ingredients and a suitable popsicle maker, these are stupid easy to put together. These frozen treats are my favorite desserts for the summer parties. When I do them for the adults, I add a notch of vodka to make them little boozy.
These icy mint pineapple popsicles are a snap to make.
Are you guys as excited as I am? We are rolling out our second food video. I’m super excited about taking these baby steps towards vlogging. In case, you missed the first recipe video, you can watch it here.
And yes, there will still be lots and lots of amazing quick, simple. and fun video recipes rolling out soon.
Watch Mint Pineapple Popsicles Recipe Video:
More Summer Dessert Recipes For You:
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Mint and Pineapple Popsicles
- 1 Cup chopped pineapple
- 2 Cup pineapple juice
- ¼ Cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder jeera powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Combine pineapple, mint leaves, sugar, chaat masala, cumin powder and lemon juice in a blender.
- Add pineapple juice as well in the blender.
- Blend all the ingredients together to a smooth consistency. Taste and adjust the amount of sweetness accordingly.
- Pour the liquid into the popsicle molds. Freeze till set. Approximately 3 – 4 hours.
- To remove, dip each popsicle in hot water for 20 seconds or so, then remove. The popsicles will keep, frozen airtight, for up to several weeks.
- Serve Pineapple and Mint Popsicles chilled on a summer afternoon.