These sweet, spicy, tangy masala-flavoured pineapple popsicles are my favourite summer treat. You need only a few ingredients to make these vegan and gluten-free fruit popsicles. Be sure to watch the video!
These refreshing masala popsicles are a snap to make.
If you love the combination of sweet and sour – I’m happy to report that these pineapple popsicles are truly delightful.
One bite of pineapple popsicles will remind you of kala khatta – a familiar Indian savoury flavour. The sweetness and tartness of pineapple, the freshness of mint, and the heat of spices create a delectable flavour.
Once you’ve tracked down the ingredients and a suitable popsicle mould, these fruity popsicles are stupidly easy to assemble.
More Reasons To LOVE Pineapple Popsicles
- has a delicious savoury flavour
- requires only 6 ingredients
- perfect for kids and adults
- vegan and gluten-free
- easy blender recipe
- no cooking required
Pineapple: You can make these popsicles with fresh or tinned pineapple. If you use fresh pineapple as I do, ensure it is ripe.
Juice: I add pineapple juice and lemon juice. Adjust the amount of sugar according to the taste of the pineapple juice. If it is too sweet, avoid adding sugar separately to the popsicles.
Savoury Flavour: Chaat Masala, Cumin Powder, Salt
Mint: The fresh mint leaves give a refreshing taste to the popsicles.
Watch Pineapple Popsicles Video
Pineapple Popsicle Flavour Variations
Blend strawberries with water. Add at the bottom of the popsicle mould. Freeze until set. Top it with a layer of pineapple mix. You will end up with vibrant strawberry and pineapple popsicles.
Add whole pineapple slices or chopped strawberries while freezing the popsicles.
You can add a splash of your favourite alcohol to the popsicles to make them a little boozy.
Add chopped jalapenos or mildly spicy green chillies to make popsicles a little spicier.
With these popsicles, you can add other fresh fruits like blueberries, cherries, raspberries, or kiwi.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach other food lovers like you.
Masala Pineapple Popsicles Recipe
- Popsicle Mould
- 1 Cup chopped pineapple
- 2 Cup pineapple juice
- ¼ Cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- Combine pineapple, mint leaves, sugar, chaat masala, cumin powder and lemon juice in a blender.
- Add pineapple juice as well in the blender.
- Blend all the ingredients together to a smooth consistency. Taste and adjust the amount of sweetness accordingly.
- Pour the liquid into the popsicle molds. Freeze till set. Approximately 3 – 4 hours.
- To remove, dip each popsicle in hot water for 20 seconds or so, then remove. The popsicles will keep, frozen airtight, for up to several weeks.
- Serve Pineapple and Mint Popsicles chilled on a summer afternoon.
- To take the popsicles out of the moulds, place the popsicle mould upside down and run a little warm water over the bottom. The popsicles should pop right out.
- Taste the pineapple juice and then add the sugar accordingly.