If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment and a rating. This helps us grow and reach many other food lovers like you, who are looking for a perfect tried and tested recipe.
Paneer Kalimirch Recipe
- 250 gram paneer
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp whole black pepper pounded coarsely
- salt to taste
- oil for cooking
Ingredients to be ground into a smooth paste
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and chopped
Ingredients for the garnish
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- a pinch of black pepper
- To prepare Paneer Kalimirch, we will first make a paste of the onion, cashew nut, garlic and ginger using a mixer. Transfer the paste to a bowl and keep aside until required.
- Cut paneer into equal size square pieces. Now heat one tablespoon of oil in the griddle pan over medium heat. Arrange paneer pieces over the griddle pan and grill until charred marks appear on one side.
- Brush the upper side of paneer pieces with oil and turn them upside down. Grill paneer until charred marks appear on both sides. This takes about 5 minutes on each side. Turn off the heat. Arrange paneer pieces in a plate and keep aside.
- To prepare the gravy, heat two tablespoons oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion paste made above and fry the paste stirring continuously. Once the oil gets separated from the masala add cream and milk. Stir to combine.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, garam masala, stir and let the gravy simmer for sometime. Adjust the consistency of gravy using little water. After adding water simmer the gravy for some time for the flavors to develop.
- Now add crushed pepper and grilled paneer to the gravy. Stir to combine. Now cook gravy for 3 - 4 minutes more over medium heat. Turn off the heat. Transfer Paneer Kalimirch to a serving bowl.
- For garnish, heat oil in a small pan over medium heat. Once the oil is heated add chopped garlic. Fry garlic until it turns golden. With a spoon pour fried garlic and oil over the Paneer Kalimirch. Sprinkle a pinch of black pepper on top.
- Serve the Paneer Kalimirch along with Roti/Paratha.